Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy furnace intermittent loud bearing like noise on my new 310-gk

The furnace on our new solitude after 3 months started making a very loud bad bearing like noise. It is an intermittently problem however.
    It usually takes 15 minutes before making the noise and sometimes not at all. It is currently at the dealer Nielson RV in St. George for 3 weeks now for various warranty issues. I still have another 2 weeks to wait
    before they will even look at it. Nielson says they will not do anything unless they can get it to make the noise in a reasonable period of time. I researched furnace problems on the web and found that it could be
    caused by many things. To diagnose the problem it normally would have to be removed a relatively tedious several hour job just to get it out and take a look in there for animal nests, loose debris, or perhaps a bad
    motor etc. etc. If they won't spend the time to diagnose it, what do you all think I should do. I guess I could try to find a mobile tech to look at it and pay the labor myself or just continue to use it until it starts making
    the noise all the time and then take it to a dealer?
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    Ram Tradesman Dually 3500
    San Diego, CA

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is a bearing/bushing on the squirrel cage, there's a chance that the fan will freeze up completely at some point. If the dealer can't get to you, I would consider the mobile tech option. If the unit is still under warranty, GD will work with you on a mobile tech (you only pay the service call fee - typically around $75). Of course, out of warranty, you're liable for the whole thing. If it were mine, I wouldn't wait for it to go out completely.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015