User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting thread.
    I gotta think all these people, new to rv'ing, going full time will be selling those rigs. It's not all sitting by the campfire watching sunsets. Reading about why people stop might make it easier to plan effectively.
    We're going to start snowbirding next year. We'll see how that goes first.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Hey Corky2, First from one veteran (USN) to another, thanks for your service ...
    Thank you and thank you and all other veterans here for their service!

You make good points on the loss of the company pension issue. When my company announced they were moving away from pensions in mid 2000 I knew this would be devastating for the younger employees ability to retire comfortably. The typical 401K just does not have enough growth for a retirement, especially in the current high volatility market. Then you have the escalating cost of living over the past decade and this was before the current inflation issues. I was thinking these factors might explain the current increase in full-time RV but your points on people no longer having motivation to stay at a company long term due to no pension adds another factor.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone is thinking along the same lines. If things ever get back to "normal", if that's even possible, A lot of part time owners may give it up when they figure out the cost of RVing, the payments, reservations, storage fees, lack of usage etc. There maybe a huge gluten of used RVs on the market, maybe not. Maybe the housing market will take a big crap like it did in Cal, forcing a lot more RVers living fulltime, who knows. About the time you think you got it figured out, something else happens.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO the escalation of RV sales will continue for the foreseeable future as will the prices and more people will live full-time in the RV. I think this is a consequence of the current economic direction of our nation. Some people will stop full-time but those numbers will probably be exceeded by new RV buyers going full-time.

I also think more RV parks will open due to demand.

If You Build It, They Will Come
    Last edited by Corky2; 11-13-2021 at 04:50 AM.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it turns out "Decision Fatigue" is really a thing! Stumbled across and article last night on the subject. Guess what, April is stress awareness month. Psychiatrist and Researchers have determined the average person makes 35,000 decisions per day. Also they determined that added stress is a big contributor to Decision Fatigue. Their research is concerned with everyday life and decision making, no mention of RVs or Fulltiming but as we've seen and read RVers / Fulltimers suffer with it. It's why some say they have left Fulltiming. Researchers say Decision Fatigue can lead to lack of energy, impaired judgment, hasty decisions or avoiding decisions all together.

It's a year gone since I first started this thread. The Wife and I are still fulltiming and are still having the time of our lives. We have very little stress in our lives after going fulltime and I think contributes to our happiness. We've pretty much "Unplugged" from the everyday crap, politics, war, social media, worrying about kids, bills, television, taxes, viruses, mask, no mask, vaccines and all the crap that seems to weigh people down. Maybe people just worry about to much stuff?

We planned our big 3 month "Westward Ho" trip starting in May. No big deal, no big stressful exercise, all reservations made, route planned, RV Life Trip Wizard made it easy, the rig is ready for the 4500 mile trip. A lot less spur of the moment decision making when you already have reservations, reducing stress and Decision Fatigue. Yup fuel prices will make it more costly, but we are not stressing about it. We plan to enjoy every second of our trip.
    seems to me that if people are feeling stressed out and Decision Fatigue, figure out what is causing it and change it!
    We were just streaming the movie City Slickers the other night where Curly says "You city folk worry about a lot of ********". Maybe there is a lot of truth to that?
    Last edited by Steven@147; 04-22-2022 at 08:21 AM.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Well it turns out "Decision Fatigue" is really a thing! Stumbled across and article last night on the subject. Guess what, April is stress awareness month. Psychiatrist and Researchers have determined the average person makes 35,000 decisions per day. Also they determined that added stress is a big contributor to Decision Fatigue. Their research is concerned with everyday life and decision making, no mention of RVs or Fulltiming but as we've seen and read RVers / Fulltimers suffer with it. It's why some say they have left Fulltiming. Researchers say Decision Fatigue can lead to lack of energy, impaired judgment, hasty decisions or avoiding decisions all together.

It's a year gone since I first started this thread. The Wife and I are still fulltiming and are still having the time of our lives. We have very little stress in our lives after going fulltime and I think contributes to our happiness. We've pretty much "Unplugged" from the everyday crap, politics, war, social media, worrying about kids, bills, television, taxes, viruses, mask, no mask, vaccines and all the crap that seems to weigh people down. Maybe people just worry about to much stuff?

We planned our big 3 month "Westward Ho" trip starting in May. No big deal, no big stressful exercise, all reservations made, route planned, RV Life Trip Wizard made it easy, the rig is ready for the 4500 mile trip. A lot less spur of the moment decision making when you already have reservations, reducing stress and Decision Fatigue. Yup fuel prices will make it more costly, but we are not stressing about it. We plan to enjoy every second of our trip.
    seems to me that if people are feeling stressed out and Decision Fatigue, figure out what is causing it and change it!
    We were just streaming the movie City Slickers the other night where Curly says "You city folk worry about a lot of ********". Maybe there is a lot of truth to that?
    Where are you going "Out West" ?
    We are now "Full Timers" and have been traveling the Oregon Coast since Feb 1. We head to the Washingon Rally in Cashmere in May and then towards IN for IS suspension to remove any stress of suspension breakdown. Ten MI for July to visit my wife's family.

If you are coming to Oregon and need any tips, just ask. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Where are you going "Out West" ?
    We are now "Full Timers" and have been traveling the Oregon Coast since Feb 1. We head to the Washingon Rally in Cashmere in May and then towards IN for IS suspension to remove any stress of suspension breakdown. Ten MI for July to visit my wife's family.

If you are coming to Oregon and need any tips, just ask. KEN
    Not that far but making a big loop, Leaving from Indiana, to Illinois, Iowa up to South Dakota Mount Rushmore, then to Devils Tower, Bad Lands, Custers, Little Big Horn, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Utah Brice Canyon and others, Moab, then to CO Black Canyon, Colorado Springs Cheyenne Mountain, then to Dodge City Kansas and back to Indiana for the holidays with the kids.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123