User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very Experienced fifth wheel owner has bought a great brand!

I want to introduce myself & wife to the group. We bought a 2021 G345-R 2 weeks ago & have been settling in & trying to make this beautiful fifth wheel our own home away from home. We started in 2004 with a 29 foot Prowler fifth wheel. It seemed huge until we spent a few weeks in it on a trip to Florida. 6 months later we traded up to a Jayco 36’ Designer which we kept for 5 plus years. In 2010 we traded for a Select Suites 38’ fifth wheel by DRV. That fiver has been our home about 6 months each year until April 23 of this year. Each time we bought a new fifth wheel I spent a lot of time researching brands & bought what I thought was the best brand available in our price range. So far we are very pleased with the build & quality of Grand Design & have heard that Grand Design treats its customers very well.

I’ve already made a few changes & plan many more so I’ll be reading about the modifications you folks have made. I know I should search for this question but forgive me for asking the following question. This is my first residential refrigerator & I have noticed that even when I’m on Park power if I turn off the inverter my refrigerator goes off. Does this mean that the refrigertor only runs from the inverter or is there a pass through that sends ac power from the pedestal through the inverter? Or is the inverter always inverting DC to AC even when we are plugged in?

Thanks for this forum & everyone who participates in helping each other.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. The fridge will run on pedestal power when plugged in. The switch on the inverter itself is on , the inside switch is a remote. You can turn the auto switch off or leave it as is, it should switch automatically. For a one or two night stay I usually just leave the auto switch on. That way I don’t forget to turn it back on when we hit the road. For longer stays or when stored I turn it off.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard!

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers