User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gas shortages along I-85 in Virginia

We are planning a trip to Staunton Va and wonder about gas shortages at stations along the I-85 route?? Anyone been stranded??

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    We are planning a trip to Staunton Va and wonder about gas shortages at stations along the I-85 route?? Anyone been stranded??
    Do you mean I-81?

If so, check GasBuddy for gas stations with fuel type availability. We’re near I-81 at the southern end of the Shenandoah valley and stations in the surrounding towns have been out of fuel temporarily, but truck stops have been open 24/7. Checking the EFS app, it appears truck stops along I-81 from Dublin VA up to near Staunton have diesel available although I can’t tell from your pic if your TV is gas or diesel. In towns like Charlottesville and Richmond, gas has been very difficult to find and when available, prices of up to $6.99/gal have been reported.

Edit: We are Harvest Hosts (a farm) about an hour south of Staunton, just outside of Lexington. Let us know if you need anything (even fuel) as you travel thru.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 05-14-2021 at 05:55 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in Amelia Courthouse, VA, and driving into Richmond every other day (long story... 90-year-old MIL). There were some longer lines at stations toward town on US-360 Tuesday, but things were back to normal yesterday when we came home and we bought gas without any issues. No stations were without gas and we saw a number of tankers on the road making local deliveries yesterday.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    Are you going to Natural Chimneys @ Augusta County Park?
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.