We’ve been leaving Florida and snow birding west for 5-6 months out of the year. Been doing so for 6 years now. Did it in a A class and now a bumper pull. I’ve noticed gas prices going up and getting camp spots very hard. We never go more than 3 weeks ahead of ourselves because you never know which way the wind blows.
State parks forget about it, all weekends are buggered up leaving you with maybe the possibility of a few weekday spots. Also the rates they charge now are 50 plus a night at campgrounds, and if your somewhere special it’s above that.
I’m rethinking this selling the truck and TT for a comfortable sporty ride. I could travel quicker, stop at areas easier, get better gas mileage, and hotel for far cheaper than what I’m doing now and less work. I just like having *my* bed and not sleeping in strange rooms.
Just getting to the breaking point, and seeing the way there selling RV’s is even worse for what’s to come. These campgrounds are taking advantage, and they should I get that it’s supply and demand but my move will open up a spot for another. Peace