Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micro-Air Easy Start installed

On Sunday I installed the Easy Start in the Dometic Brisk 2 AC unit and it was successful as it started right up nice and soft. After doing the 5 start learn procedure I let the AC run for 5 minutes or so and noticed the conditioned air wasn't very cold. It was around 80 degrees out at the time. I've seen people post that their Dometic units take a while to get cold, hoping that's the case. We bought the trailer in December and this was the first chance I've had to run it with warm air temps. The unit sounds fine and nothing was full of dirt/ plugged up inside the cover. Hoping it gets cooler when I run it longer.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2018 Titan CC 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ACDogs View Post
    On Sunday I installed the Easy Start in the Dometic Brisk 2 AC unit and it was successful as it started right up nice and soft. After doing the 5 start learn procedure I let the AC run for 5 minutes or so and noticed the conditioned air wasn't very cold. It was around 80 degrees out at the time. I've seen people post that their Dometic units take a while to get cold, hoping that's the case. We bought the trailer in December and this was the first chance I've had to run it with warm air temps. The unit sounds fine and nothing was full of dirt/ plugged up inside the cover. Hoping it gets cooler when I run it longer.
    We have the Brisk II as well. After 5 minutes we can definitely tell the discharge air is cold. I installed the Micro-aire product as well.

Was the unit cooling before the the upgrade? Can you tell if the compressor is running?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    Was the unit cooling before the the upgrade? Can you tell if the compressor is running?
    It seemed like it was but hard to tell as I had no way to run it at the storage yard. I didn't run it on 120V before I put in the Easy Start. The discharge is cooler than inside air but not cold.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2018 Titan CC 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has a simple way to check the operation. The temperature difference between ambient and cooled should be 16-22 deg.