User Tag List

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zero Point Calibration

After nearly two weeks into this trip, I just started to feel that the 310 wasn't level front to back (low front) and side to side (low right) with the slides out. Seems that it became more noticeable after we were given initially a terrible site two days in (10 inch low on the right side). Changed sites but never felt like we were level again - even on a concrete pad.

Confirmed before we started the trip that auto level was working (Level mate pro and my trusty bubble) - that was with the slides in. I'm not seeing any pooling of water in the shower or sinks, but I'd like to set the zero point to be accurate. We've been at this pretty level gravel site for 4 days now and backing in, rear was a tad high according to level mate pro (less than an inch) but after auto level and putting the slides out, level mate pro (and my bubble level on the floor) says I'm a little low in the front and right.

So two questions.

1) Does the side-to-side level change when putting the slides out (feels like it)?
    2) It's not stated anywhere that I can find, but I'm assuming the slides need to be in to set zero point.

Thanks in advance,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll find differing opinions on this topic. However, when I installed our Lippert 4pt auto leveling (OEM did not come with it in 2019), i did it with the slides in. I did this only because GD and Lippert states the trailer should be level before extending the slides.

If it makes you feel better about having a more accurate level with the slides out, you can always re-zero the controller after you extend the slides.

However, this may effect the original level of the trailer (prior to extending the slides) which is why GD wanted the trailer leveled in the first place.

Note: Will say our kitchen slide does not level out when extended after leveling. Its close, but not spot on. Can tell by the fridge door wanting to sway toward hutch once opened. But bubble levels on frame (placed by me) show our 5er is level.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always adjust manually if need be to compensate.

My level does not change after opening slides.

I try to avoid using level controls while the slides are open just because it seems the jerking movements can't be good for it BUT sometimes after a bit of settling has occurred I will use manual controls to adjust back to level while slides are open.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did mine with the slides extended. This was because the wife didn't like all the juice in the skillet running to one side of the pan.
    For me I wanted the shower doors to remain open when drying off.
    I couldn't get it where I wanted it with the slides in do I tried it with them out.
    It's such an easy procedure. I used a level (vertically) around the rig as I was making my adjustments.
    I had to seek middle ground as I couldn't get both issued perfect.
    I have used the rig twice since the calibration and it seems to still be good.

I also did my neighbors. They came over to see what I was doing and one thing lead to another.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...nt-Calibration
    Last edited by Fivecodys; 06-01-2022 at 02:32 PM.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax