User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Moisture control

Lots of things we are learning about our camper, and more after our week outing at Grand Lake in OK.
    Now, condensation was pretty heavy this trip being the weather conditions and being next to the lake. That got me thinking about moisture control. Our towels stayed damp in the bathroom also ( I know, they won't get dry with moisture control). What do you use in your camper to help in the closets, living are and bathroom.....products like "Damprid" or ?......I found a flat packet called Delta Absorbants.......any advise and wisdom is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Lots of things we are learning about our camper, and more after our week outing at Grand Lake in OK.
    Now, condensation was pretty heavy this trip being the weather conditions and being next to the lake. That got me thinking about moisture control. Our towels stayed damp in the bathroom also ( I know, they won't get dry with moisture control). What do you use in your camper to help in the closets, living are and bathroom.....products like "Damprid" or ?......I found a flat packet called Delta Absorbants.......any advise and wisdom is appreciated.
    Thanks
    This is what we use https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B088NHNL...ing=UTF8&psc=1 it's a dehumidifier that has a hose that can be attached to it. We leave it on the island, with the hose in the sink. We usually set the hydrometer to 40 or 45 percent. We also leave the bedroom door open and the closet door open a little bit.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of folks will use small dehumidifier. You can have it drain outside through a tube via the bottom side of the slide out or in your drain.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's several good discussions here about moisture management, and it is a necessary management practice. There's the obvious of conscious decisions regarding maintaining a separate indoor environment - some don't like this at all. So then there's critical use of exhaust fans when showering and cooking indoors. Wet towels and clothes to dry outside. Many of us travel with small dehumidifiers, and desiccant. Buy yourself a big bag of anhydrous calcium chloride versus paying for a brand name with color and/or scent beads added!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm lucky from the standpoint that I have a Furrion A/C. In spite of the glaring issue being the room sensor is up in the plenum (easy work around) it has a "dry" mode, which is a dehumidifier.
    Last edited by AZMike; 05-11-2021 at 05:42 PM.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moisture control

Deleted ••••
    Last edited by NB Canada; 05-11-2021 at 06:03 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corrected. Thanks for keeping me straight. It's a sunny 95 deg down here, and I've been working outside in it all day. My brain is fried.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for the replies.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 20-pint dehumidifier (I guess that would be a mid-size) and use it whenever the humidity is above 50% inside. It's been running the past three days here VA just west of Richmond - pulled 1-1/2 gallons of water out of the air in one 24-hour period! We also use the exhaust fan during/after showers and minimize using the cooktop when the humidity is high (the byproducts of proper propane combustion are CO2 and water). If it's warm enough for the ACs, they pull out the moisture and there's no need to run the dehumidifier.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the desiccant dehumidifiers for they're lighter weight compared to compressor dehumidifiers, and how much moisture they remove, even in cooler temperatures.
    They cost as much or more that the compressor dehumidifiers so I look at their warranty, 2 years vs 1 year. I've replaced one under warranty, been using them for 3 years.
    The Ecoseb's I have DD122EA, aren't being sold right now, so I just ordered a Keystone Junior to see how it works.
    I'm in a humidity rich area and can't handle humidity like I used to, so I run the dehumidifiers nearly non stop at home, and in the RV.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast