User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bike rack

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Do front mounted racks affect adaptive cruise function?
    They might

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bike rack

Quote Originally Posted by jjradtech View Post
    Want to mount bike rack on rear bumper of imagine xls 22 rbe. Would have to remove spare tire.
    Has anybody done this?
    TIA
    I put the spare from my 2670MK in the bed of my truck and mounted a receiver on the bumper for my bike carrier. I strap the heck out of the bikes and even tie them off to the ladder so they don't flop around. My bikes (2) are aluminum so they don't weigh much. Probably about the same as the spare. Made it about 5,000 miles so far with no issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 21BHE, so it might be different. A factory rep told us the bumper could support a total of 150 pounds, so it is possible, especially if you remove the spare. But as others have noted, you'll need a rack designed for a rear bumper as there's a lot of bouncing going on back there. You didn't ask, but I'll add, the rep cautioned against using a ladder rack owing to all the stress from bouncing bikes.
    Roger & Leonard
    Imagine XLS 21BHE / RAM 1500 5.7L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My father in law mounted a square cross member in the back between the 2 frame ibeams, then welded arms to one of those bumper hitch receivers (the kind that u-bolt onto the rv square bumper). Most of the bike weight is handled by torsion resistance on the square cross member, and the bumper hitch only provides stability and not support the full weight.

We moved the spare to one side, and the hitch is toward the other side. I wish I had some pics as an example! Of course this requires someone with welding skills but it is one solution that works.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    Attachment 34164

The Swagman E-Spec is rated to carry 2 70lb E bikes and is RV/5th wheel rated.

Attachment 34161Attachment 34162Attachment 34163
    This "anti-wobble clamp" is critical. You can retrofit an ordinary rack with similar devices like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I've put one on my Jeep's receiver extension and there's already one built into my Thule rack. Bouncing due to a sloppy receiver fit produces big impact loads (and annoying noises).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV approved bike rack.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	34216

Please also keep in mind that "RV rated" doesn't mean it won't pull the bumper off your RV. I'm sure these rack makers only guarantee their rack itself will not fail. It looks like you're attached to a frame mounted receiver so you should be fine.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a hitch installed on the front of my Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD high country diesel. I have an electric townie and this works amazingly well. Caveat though...I have had to use ratchet straps (on at each side) to stop the bouncing. Once done, it’s amazingly smooth drive and I can see the road very well. I plan on asking the hitch guy if there’s a different solution to stop the bounce.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    I just ordered a front 2” hitch for my 2020 F150. It is supposed to be able to carry 500 lbs and pull 5k. I will by a bike carrier for the hitch and carry my two bikes in front if my truck. Will post pictures when it comes in and is installed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to mount bike rack on rear bumper of imagine xls 22 rbe. Would have to remove spare tire.
    Has anybody done this?
    TIA
    It's not a bike rack, but you get the idea Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190922_140215.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	34220

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anybody done this?
    TIA
    Yes, I use the swagman that is made to receiver mount and is made exclusively for rv trailering... almost all bike carriers will NOT be sturdy enough for the rear of a trailer
    Leo & Cathy
    2021 Solitude 390 RK
    2017 F350 DRW Longbed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow what a set up!
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    It's not a bike rack, but you get the idea Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190922_140215.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	34220

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On this same line...I have a transcend 200MK TT that I would like to put a platform on the back hitch to mount my generator as I want it out of the bed of the truck. If I follow the steps that daemonic3’s father did, do you think it would be plausible?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast