Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ladder Mount Bike Rack

I'm wondering if anyone has used a ladder mount bike rack on an Imagine. I own 2021 2670mk and want a solution for occasional bike transport for two bikes.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Probably as bad an idea as using a bumper mount for a bike rack. The screws on my ladder aren't very big or very long. Even very light bikes will be subject to a LOT of up and down pounding as you go down the road.
    Given that the 2670 already tends to be too light on the tongue for many of them (lots of sway resulting), anything on the back would make the problem worse.

Get a Lippert "Jack It" or similar for carrying them over the tongue. Helps with a potential weight problem, and puts them in a much less "bouncy" location.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. that was my concern as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried this on previous camper and it started pulling ladder from camper. Too much weight bouncing around with bikes on ladder bike rack. I now carry my dump tank on ladder with no problems; it is where it stays until needed or I need to use ladder to get on top of camper.
    Try frame mounted rack that goes on A -frame at front of camper; everyone that I have talked to said they have had no problems.