Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaking external quick release hose port

I've been having problems using the external quick release hose port to the rear of the door on a 2020 Imagine 2600RB It's not allowed me to insert the hose (and yes I pull the collar back to insert). Techs at the dealer tell me there isn't an issue . This trip, with no water pressure, I tried again with no luck. I tried to use a small phillip screwdriver to push back the rear cover inside the port and was able to move it. Then the hose was able to be hooked up. However, the port leaks with the hose inserted. If I play with the hose (rotate in the quick connect) I can get it down to a slow drip.

I'm guessing the quick connect is bad and has been bad since we purchased the trailer (never able to use due to this problem). When the hose is connected to the quick connect on the utility panel, it works with no leaks. How easy is it to replace the rear port? And where can I purchase one? I'm concerned with possible water damage to the wall the QC is mounted on, plus I don't want to have a leak when we go boondocking later this year.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Consider calling GD support and described problem. They might send you the part you need ? They will likely ask for the VIN. Getting the part might be the easy part, getting your hands behind the water heater will likely be the real challenge. Not sure how hard it is to remove the thin panel behind the water heater and under vanity sink.

One thought you might consider; if you do have flexible arms and can get behind water heater, do consider replacing that spray "port" with a hot & cold faucet. You have hot as well as cold pipes exactly in the right spot. Search google for "rv outdoor faucet"; some have the hose included. Be cautious, the blue hose you get with GD is special and will likely not fit anything other than GD.

Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    I've been having problems using the external quick release hose port to the rear of the door on a 2020 Imagine 2600RB It's not allowed me to insert the hose (and yes I pull the collar back to insert). Techs at the dealer tell me there isn't an issue . This trip, with no water pressure, I tried again with no luck. I tried to use a small phillip screwdriver to push back the rear cover inside the port and was able to move it. Then the hose was able to be hooked up. However, the port leaks with the hose inserted. If I play with the hose (rotate in the quick connect) I can get it down to a slow drip.

I'm guessing the quick connect is bad and has been bad since we purchased the trailer (never able to use due to this problem). When the hose is connected to the quick connect on the utility panel, it works with no leaks. How easy is it to replace the rear port? And where can I purchase one? I'm concerned with possible water damage to the wall the QC is mounted on, plus I don't want to have a leak when we go boondocking later this year.
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can find it on Amazon and replacement will take less time then it took for you to type your post! If you call GD and tell them it leaks they may send you one as a courtesy.

I don't think you'll need to access the backside as suggested. Watching them being replaced at the rally was no different than my experience on our Solitude in that I unscrewed the mounting plate and there was plenty of slack to undo the water connection.
    Last edited by geotex1; 05-11-2021 at 06:26 PM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree that it will take basically a minute to change but you will need Butyl tape and sealant

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the replies and will contact Grand Design in the morning. I like the idea of a hot/cold valve set but not sure I can pull that off prior to our departure on our boondock trip.

Is it correct this is sort of a common issue and not unusual for this being repaired by GD teams at rallies?
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the replies and will contact Grand Design in the morning. I like the idea of a hot/cold valve set but not sure I can pull that off prior to our departure on our boondock trip.

Is it correct this is sort of a common issue and not unusual for this being repaired by GD teams at rallies?
    Common on every brand of trailer using them. The Dura Faucet spray dockside notorious for jamming closed or open, particularly when only rarely used. They're one of the items hard to get ahold of right now, which is why I suggested GD.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a struggle! The QD is just hard to get a grip on. It's about 5 mods down the list on our 2600RB.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having same problem on my 2021 mle. If I remove water pressure I can connect to the one in front storage bay. But for the life of me I cannot connect to the one on the side.