Hi All,

We will be trying to get to the Southern Oregon rally in June (if they don't cancel us again this year).

Question: We are considering going to Crater Lake depending on our plans as we will be in the area, but I am having trouble finding good info as to which loop and or which site can accommodate our rig (#303 mid size 5th wheel). Apparently many are small. One loop is tent only.

I have looked at the NPS website, RV campground reviews, Campsite Photos web etc.

This park does not open until a day or so when we are planning (mid June) due to potential snow, which can happen any time of year. It is only first come, first serve anyway until July so if I drive to the park, we are just winging it anyway.

Who has actually been there and can you give some additional data other than what I have found so far. I will be checking as to when they actually open on which date and might just do a day trip from another campground (from the East side) if needed.

The campground info was weak but looks like loop A,B,C maybe best and maybe only a few spots big enough in any given loop.

Thanks in advance,
Jim