User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extended Warranties, Service Locations?

I'm probably not the only one, but I've had nothing but bad experiences from the service department of my local RV dealer, where I bought both of my rigs. My old one and my new one on it's way. I waited almost a month for them to warranty repair a stuck grey valve and they kept telling me "The part is shipped, it shouldn't be long" for three weeks.

It took me to call grand design myself to find out that the part never left Grand Design. When I questioned them, the service manager told me "We can never get a straight answer from Grand Design, so we have no clue when the parts are going to get here". Well, when I called grand design, it took them 45 minutes to get the info to me that they never got the part from their vendor. The funny part is, this part could have been bought and delivered in less then 3 days from either Amazon or Etrailer. They have had my trailer multiple times and they can never give me a correct timeframe to fix any of the warranty issues I had.

I had this place also do a "For Life Warranty" checkup, which cost me $150, only to find the battery was dead when they gave it back to me because it sat in their lot so long. I live in PA, are there any other warranties or services I can buy so I can get my grand design serviced somewhere else? I told them today, after they handed me back my rig, still unfixed, that i'll never bring it back to them again.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know where you are in PA. We are near the Pittsburgh area (just north) and went to Erie to buy our 303 at Boyer RV. Family operation, and have had very good results with them. We took it back, early on, for a few warranty issues. It’s two hours from us, but that’s okay since I normally take care of most things myself.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do you have an extended warranty or just factory? Unclear here. If factory, and in SE PA as you are, your best bet is getting GD to authorize a mobile tech, which they will. If you bought and aftermarket warranty that is not a dealer concoction, you should be able to contact that provider and they can give you a list. Don't be surprised if met with more of the same, unfortunately. If you're not a DIY type, you need to find that mobile tech who is reliable.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania