I'm probably not the only one, but I've had nothing but bad experiences from the service department of my local RV dealer, where I bought both of my rigs. My old one and my new one on it's way. I waited almost a month for them to warranty repair a stuck grey valve and they kept telling me "The part is shipped, it shouldn't be long" for three weeks.

It took me to call grand design myself to find out that the part never left Grand Design. When I questioned them, the service manager told me "We can never get a straight answer from Grand Design, so we have no clue when the parts are going to get here". Well, when I called grand design, it took them 45 minutes to get the info to me that they never got the part from their vendor. The funny part is, this part could have been bought and delivered in less then 3 days from either Amazon or Etrailer. They have had my trailer multiple times and they can never give me a correct timeframe to fix any of the warranty issues I had.

I had this place also do a "For Life Warranty" checkup, which cost me $150, only to find the battery was dead when they gave it back to me because it sat in their lot so long. I live in PA, are there any other warranties or services I can buy so I can get my grand design serviced somewhere else? I told them today, after they handed me back my rig, still unfixed, that i'll never bring it back to them again.