User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 solitude 375res shower leak

THere's water on the floor in the bedroom behind the wall of the shower at approximately the level of where the shower door fits in the track against the wall. Could this be from one of the screws attaching the shower seat to the wall. I'm in an area where it's difficult to seek a service so I may have to fix it myself.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieJack View Post
    THere's water on the floor in the bedroom behind the wall of the shower at approximately the level of where the shower door fits in the track against the wall. Could this be from one of the screws attaching the shower seat to the wall. I'm in an area where it's difficult to seek a service so I may have to fix it myself.
    It's possible. We had a wet bedroom floor after the first time we used the shower in our 2021 320MKS. It turned out the shower door track wasn't siliconed. Went to Home Depot, bought some Lexel clear silicone caulk, and recaulked the entire shower door track. It was annoying, but no big deal.

Just make sure the surface is dry before caulking.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MoonShadow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is not good I think that this need to be taken care of right away.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieJack View Post
    We had a water leak in our 310GK-R when it was new just like you're describing. Resealing around the inside of the shower rails and removing the silicone from around the screws in the bottom rails and redoing that fixed the problem. Be sure to use the mold-resistant silicone so it doesn't turn black quickly.

A couple of forum hints:

1) If you're replying to a particular member, use the “Reply With Quote” next to “Reply” (as I have done here). The person to whom you are replying will receive a notification and it helps others know whom you are addressing. You can also tag using their user name and the "@" sign: @JimmieJack. That will also generate a notification.

2) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015