User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's to Blame?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Ralindon, sorry you got kinda blasted on here. Yeah, it’s on you, but your dealer should have covered it in the pick-up walk-through. Maybe they did and you forgot, there’s A LOT to learn when buying any RV.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what every one is wondering is did he clean up his mess or leave it because he thinks the Dealer is responsible. I`ve seen this on a busy Sunday afternoon when every one is trying to meet the change over deadline at the dump station. Yep, on the next lane over just drove away. A few just hollered at him as he drove off but he didn`t care. Maybe he lost his sewer hose on the way up but that`s no excuse.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralindon View Post
    I took delivery of an Imagine 2600RB on Wednesday, May 5th. We took it camping for Mother's Day weekend. As I was breaking down to leave Sunday, I had some difficulty getting the cap off the drain pipe to empty the black and gray tanks. When I did get it off, sewage immediately started flowing out. It's obvious that the dealer didn't close the valves before they sent me on my way and that's not something I would have even thought to check myself while at the dealer's lot. Although the cap was still difficult to get off a day later, I wonder if pressure from all the effluent made it that much more difficult to open Sunday.

So my question is, is closing those valves something the dealer should ALWAYS do or is this on me? (And let me tell you, it WAS on me!)
    Its on you (no lecture - simple mistake)( we have all been there), but go to your dealer and politely complain. At the PDI they should have shown you the handle and valve position and actually had you operate the valve. My dealer did even though I told then I knew how to operate them after 50 years being around RV's.

Perhaps they can give you a parting gift or discount on future maintenance or parts for you problem. Should not hurt to ask.
    BTW with the valve being opened at least they check the tanks for leaks.

There is a 100% solution to this too. Add the following valve to the end of the line - you can visually see if it is closed.
    https://www.rvupgradestore.com/3-WAS...SABEgLrjfD_BwE

This valve fits on the end of the existing line, and existing cap goes on it. If there is any leakage in the main line (they have been known not to fully drain at times) it trapped behind the valve until you are connected up.
    Safe travels
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough crowd. I appreciate the feedback but don’t like being lectured.
    Not sure what you expected to hear. When you post that kind of a question you can expect feedback and some people are less tactful than others when responding. I would expect that most here have failed to do something they should have done or did something they shouldn't have. I have. As long as nothing other than pride gets hurt then your lucky and you can consider it's just another of life's lessons learned the hard way.
    Last edited by GaryS1964; 05-22-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of these is always good to have "Valterra T58 Twist-On Waste Valve" easy to put on works as secondary valve. My trailer came with valves closed our daughter and son-in-laws came open from the same dealer the only thing I thought was theirs was winterized while we got ours in the summer ready to camp.
    2019 Imagine 3170BH
    2020 F-250 XLT 7.3 Gas
    Carleton, MI 48117

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took delivery of an Imagine 2600RB on Wednesday, May 5th. We took it camping for Mother's Day weekend. As I was breaking down to leave Sunday, I had some difficulty getting the cap off the drain pipe to empty the black and gray tanks. When I did get it off, sewage immediately started flowing out. It's obvious that the dealer didn't close the valves before they sent me on my way and that's not something I would have even thought to check myself while at the dealer's lot. Although the cap was still difficult to get off a day later, I wonder if pressure from all the effluent made it that much more difficult to open Sunday.

So my question is, is closing those valves something the dealer should ALWAYS do or is this on me? (And let me tell you, it WAS on me!)
    Had a similar situation with my RV when I dropped it off for it's 1 year warranty service. They needed to work on the water pump because it would run way to long after each use. They tried to charge me $66 for dewinterizing my RV but I refused to pay it since I didn't ask for them to do it...they needed to put fresh water in the tank anyway to run the pump. A few days later I took the cap off the sewage line and got drenched with pink antifreeze water. Apparently they ran the pump and opened up my grey tank valves but never took the cap off or put a hose on it to drain it! Not the same as black water but still a mishap. And to top it off when I flushed my lines I got almost a 1/2 gallon of antifreeze out of the two lines feeding the washer hookup... so they actually never did dewinterize it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210522_224601.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	34313
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 05-22-2021 at 08:49 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've all had similar issues and that's why I intend to buy my next RV from one of YOU! That way I know all the items have been addressed.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough crowd. I appreciate the feedback but don’t like being lectured.
    If it makes you feel better, one of my friends had the exact same experience with his new 5th wheel. My response was the same as everyone here. But on the bright side, you can chalk it up to experience and it will likely never happen again. Safe travels!

Jay

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok time to confess. My first dump attempt didn't go well either.
    Nothing came out of the hose.
    Some A hole didn't take the caps out of BOTH ends of the dump hose.
    That A hole was me. Luckily I didn't get any on my shoes.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    Ok time to confess. My first dump attempt didn't go well either.
    Nothing came out of the hose.
    Some A hole didn't take the caps out of BOTH ends of the dump hose.
    That A hole was me. Luckily I didn't get any on my shoes.
    Huh?
    How do you connect a sewer hose with the end caps on?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast