Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

king to queen convertion

we want to down size our bed, i was wondering if any one has a 310GK with a gueen bed from the factory would mind posting a picture.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just change out the mattress and call it good. We ordered ours with a queen , but it came in with a king. GD shipped the bottom “cabinets” and the dealer installed them. They are similar to the ones on the ends of the sofa , just solid plywood going down to the floor. After a couple of trips , my wife asked me to remove them to make it easier to make the bed. I did leave the shelves , which are the same with either size mattress.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We converted our king to a queen so we would have enough room to get around it when we make it. Also make it much easier to get into the closet.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks everyone. just curious what factory set up looked like. we sleep on a queen at home and king is just to much bed in that space especially on the none closet side. and its kind of a pain to make

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Momentum 394 that came with a King bed. There simply was NOT enough room on the curbside of the bed for anyone to get into bed....and my wife is tiny. So, I cut it down from King to Queen. Here is a couple of pics of the bed....before...and after...Hope this helps. Notice at the bottom of the base just exactly how much more room there is between the base and the wall or carpeting.

King bed frame.....

Cut down to Queen....

Here is a pic of the finished job. I did have to move the plywood over and angle cut the corner of it....and of course slightly relocated the lifting cylinders. We also used a flannel sheet on top of the plywood to keep the mattress from sliding around during transit. The flannel sheet is pulled up snug and stapled to the underside of the plywood.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for pics what a big difference that made, if my measurements are correct i wont have to modify my pedestal so that will be a big time saver. looks great, when i get going on it ill post some pics. thanks again

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200328_1562 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	34105

BTW, you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2logic4 View Post
    thanks for pics what a big difference that made, if my measurements are correct i wont have to modify my pedestal so that will be a big time saver. looks great, when i get going on it ill post some pics. thanks again
    You're welcome.....glad to be able to help. Yea, in ours, my wife who is 5' 2" and about 115 lbs and tiny feet.....couldn't get in the bed from that side.....she had to crawl in from the end of the bed. Now, there's enough room for me to walk along side of it and get in bed if I needed to. It definitely made a big difference for us, but then again, we sleep on a Queen size bed at home...so we didn't care about the King bed anyway.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"