User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    I believe with some F150s you would be fine, some I wouldn't touch it with. I think I will be fine with mine, 2017 3.5 Eco boost crew cab 6.5 bed and max tow, 1800lbs payload. My prior TT was 4' longer and 2000lbs heavier and it was ok most of the time.

How is your F150 equipped?
    Everything you have including 6.5 bed but with Platinum trim so I only have 1568 payload. Then subtract for a hard tonneau cover and Linex bed coat. Might be too close for the 2800 for someone with my experience.

If we go a smaller trailer, I’m thinking of the powerboost (for obvious reasons) but even the Lariatt trim might only have upper 1400’s payload ( due to the Hybrid battery).

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    I believe with some F150s you would be fine, some I wouldn't touch it with. I think I will be fine with mine, 2017 3.5 Eco boost crew cab 6.5 bed and max tow, 1800lbs payload. My prior TT was 4' longer and 2000lbs heavier and it was ok most of the time.

How is your F150 equipped?

I am picking up a 2021 2800BH rental in the not too distant future. I'm renting from a business, not an individual. They do not supply w/d hitches and I cannot, for the life of me, get any dealer in the area to contact me about getting one installed. In an ideal world, I pick up trailer, take to RV sales shop and get hitch put on. Now I'm looking at going with no w/d hitch and I am really not liking the sounds of that. This will be my 2nd time towing a travel trailer.

I have a 2016 F150, short bed, 3.5 Eco, Max Tow. I know I'm within limits but being a short bed etc I really want a w/d hitch. I don't have a lot of options at this point.

Am I really leaving things to chance without a w/d hitch?

*sorry for threadjack

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Golfer View Post
    I am picking up a 2021 2800BH rental in the not too distant future. I'm renting from a business, not an individual. They do not supply w/d hitches and I cannot, for the life of me, get any dealer in the area to contact me about getting one installed. In an ideal world, I pick up trailer, take to RV sales shop and get hitch put on. Now I'm looking at going with no w/d hitch and I am really not liking the sounds of that. This will be my 2nd time towing a travel trailer.

I have a 2016 F150, short bed, 3.5 Eco, Max Tow. I know I'm within limits but being a short bed etc I really want a w/d hitch. I don't have a lot of options at this point.

Am I really leaving things to chance without a w/d hitch?

*sorry for threadjack
    Do you have a Harbor Freight nearby?

They usually have WDH in stock. Even a cheapo is better than none.

I'm sure you can watch YouTube or Google to get it installed.

WTH kind of rental company rents towables, but doesn't supply the hitch? Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Do you have a Harbor Freight nearby?

They usually have WDH in stock. Even a cheapo is better than none.

I'm sure you can watch YouTube or Google to get it installed.

WTH kind of rental company rents towables, but doesn't supply the hitch? Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen....

We actually just got it worked out. Finally. Man that is a load off (no pun intended). I was freaking out.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Golfer View Post
    We actually just got it worked out. Finally. Man that is a load off (no pun intended). I was freaking out.
    Second time ever towing a trailer and it is a huge 31 footer with a half ton?
    I think the freaking out hasn’t started yet
    Good luck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is relative, one Battery is sufficient if you don't plan on doing alot of dry camping, just make sure you fully charge and disconnect when you store.
    I have a 2970RL, and I tow with a 2014 1500 Ram, SB w/3.92 gears. A Husky TS WDH with 800-1200# bars, only extra is Trimbren Bump Stops to stiffen the Ram coil sag. I run right around 7900# & a hitch wgt around 845# and so far I have had no problems towing. Not to say I'm not looking for a new TV, but I'm not letting it stop me!
    As for used Trucks, try Enterprise Car Sales, they have some really good deals on Fleet trucks with low mileage and one to two years old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12