Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Dometic Water Heater….neither gas or electric

Newbie to our 2021 Reflection 295RL…first trip…second night….No hot water using either power or gas. The first night WH worked fine on electric, showered, dishes etc. Moved a few hundred miles up to SC and now neither gas or electric work on the WH. No tripped breakers, reset them all 3 times. No spark on the gas side. The red indicator light above the rocker switches both illuminate… doesn’t mean it’s working. Plenty of water in tank. No reset button outside on this Dometic. Can’t see that the convertor is involved in this puzzle, my orientation guy didn’t know where it is (anyone know?)…I digress… so back to the WH…….I’ll take any suggestions. Would cycling the battery disconnect help? I have a multimeter w/me…..about to call Dometic when they open this AM. They’ve been helpful other units I’ve had. Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have lukewarm water? If so, check the hot and cold valves on the outside shower. If those are left on with nothing connected or the shower head in the off position, it acts as a mixer for the hot and cold water and you won't get hot water inside.

BTW - you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the "DSI Fault" light turned on in your control panel?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Do you have lukewarm water? If so, check the hot and cold valves on the outside shower. If those are left on with nothing connected or the shower head in the off position, it acts as a mixer for the hot and cold water and you won't get hot water inside.

BTW - you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    Thanks Rob….. will check and take care of that signature….thanks. Dave

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No DSI lit….. but just tried the gas and fired right up. Go figure. I’ll take the gas please! Thanks everyone.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about the thermal link on the outside?

Look inside the exterior access door for one of these...

Try taking it out, and putting the connectors together without it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 61VqSPrRaYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I took out the thermocoupler and ohm’d it out. Put it back in and now everything is working at least on the gas side.

Thanks. Dave
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    Tow Vehicle 2020 Ford F-250 FX4 6.2L
    PULLIT 5th Wheel Hitch
    Home Base Hobe Sound FL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobe320 View Post
    Newbie to our 2021 Reflection 295RL…first trip…second night….No hot water using either power or gas. The first night WH worked fine on electric, showered, dishes etc. Moved a few hundred miles up to SC and now neither gas or electric work on the WH. No tripped breakers, reset them all 3 times. No spark on the gas side. The red indicator light above the rocker switches both illuminate… doesn’t mean it’s working. Plenty of water in tank. No reset button outside on this Dometic. Can’t see that the convertor is involved in this puzzle, my orientation guy didn’t know where it is (anyone know?)…I digress… so back to the WH…….I’ll take any suggestions. Would cycling the battery disconnect help? I have a multimeter w/me…..about to call Dometic when they open this AM. They’ve been helpful other units I’ve had. Any thoughts?
    Do you travel with you propane tanks on or off? I'm wondering if you have pressure issues with your propane. I find that after setting 4-6 weeks, my refrigerator doesn't start on gas nor the the hot water tank. I light the stove next to the refrigerator to jump start the process. The lines to the hot water tank are on the other side and it normally takes several attempts. Did you hear the electronic solenoid and spark operate, trying to start propane when your hot water didn't work? On my previous, non-GD trailer, I had a switch for electric on the side of the tank. I've not had a problem yet with mine so I've not taken the cover off. You might give it a look.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost