User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just my luck

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Do you have a TSD or other fleet card? I’m seeing that most truck stops have diesel although some are limiting purchases to 75 gal. Flying J/Pilot put out an email ~24 h ago listing stations without diesel. Not as many as I expected but that may have changed since the last update. I understand gas in Richmond VA is $6.99/gal - if you can find it. Good luck if you do travel.
    We're in Richmond and gas is $2.85 - $2.95 a gallon. We have not seen any stations without and bought gas yesterday (Amelia Courthouse west of Richmond) without any issues. We saw a number of tankers making local deliveries on our way home from the city yesterday.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We're in Richmond and gas is $2.85 - $2.95 a gallon. We have not seen any stations without and bought gas yesterday (Amelia Courthouse west of Richmond) without any issues. We saw a number of tankers making local deliveries on our way home from the city yesterday.

Rob
    The $6.99 price and “no gas” was reported on the news - PBS in Charlottesville. Our local Sheetz and Farmer’s Co Op were sold out Tuesday evening, but I drove by Sheetz yesterday afternoon and there were a few cars filling up. I didn’t check the price. Spoke with a hauling and excavating contractor this morning - they are not getting their normal Friday fuel delivery. With a few exceptions, GasBuddy is indicating most stations in our town have gas and prices are averaging ~$3.00/gal. Diesel at a nearby TA is $3.24 but purchases still limited to 75 gal. Looks like everything will be looking pretty good by end of the weekend. [Statement removed - partisan/political.]
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 05-14-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crisis over...go back to your formerly assigned program.
    I was in and around petroleum refining and distribution for just about my whole working life. I spent two summers 2011 & 2012 doing instrument and performance checks at gasoline/diesel distribution terminals mostly in the southeastern states. It always struck me as curious that the southeastern states are the quickest to go into panic mode when something happens with the pipelines even through they are at the beginning of the supply chain and there are bypasses to make sure nothing is left without. Energy Transfer thru the Sunoco Logistics subsidiary has a major petroleum pipeline routed through the midwest. Since the PES Refinery in Philadelphia, which was the largest east of the Mississippi River, closed two years ago the northeast is at the end of the chain and now more dependent on Texas & Louisiana refineries. Yet aside from a minor rise in price nothing really happened here.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/14/colo...structure.html
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 05-14-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just need to stop driving for 2 weeks to flatten the curve.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pensacola? I'm crying on the inside...

Last time we were stuck it was Lubbock, Texas. True story, I joined the Army to escape Lubbock.

What we like about Pensacola:
    1. The beach
    2. Joe Patti's Seafood (the fresh WARM beignets are out front)
    3. Naval Aviation Museum
    4. The Blue Angels - Out of town tomorrow, sorry.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok well a little update on my journey. Arrived at a very nice KOA in Baton Rouge a couple hours ago. I found one station in the Pensacola area that had diesel so still had half a tank when I got to Baton Rouge. Plenty of diesel here and the most beautiful weather of my whole 2 week trip! I'll arrive home tomorrow evening and it looks like rain from here on in. The new Sailuns performed great as expected and I pulled it 65-67 all the way. The 450 wanted 70+ so I had to rein it in lol.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ran down 301 and 75 in central Fl yesterday and got diesel. I didn't see any indication of shortages.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I just ran down 301 and 75 in central Fl yesterday and got diesel. I didn't see any indication of shortages.
    Fortunately for Tampa and Central FL, we don't get our gas from the pipeline. Our gas comes in on barges from the Gulf refineries.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12