User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Bathroom faucet continues to 'spit' like air in line....

We bought a 2020 Solitude and after our first camping trip in it, took it in for a few warranty items. One being the water pressure in the bathroom sink. It was basically nonexistent. After getting it back from the dealer, we didn't use it again for a few months due to winter and work schedules. We took it out a few weeks ago and discovered that the pressure is a bit better but now it spastically 'spits' like there is air in the lines. We camped in it for 8 days and it never went away. It was random when it would happen. I've thought about calling the dealer however what a POS they are. The work they did was shoddy to and that's putting it nicely. We looked at the piping under the sink and don't see that anything was moved. It only happens in the bathroom sink. Not sure what would cause it to continually spit. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My initial thought is that any air in the line should eventually clear, so I don't have a good idea of why this would continue after purging the line. Grand Design Customer Service is very good about talking through issues with owners (especially when you don't trust your dealer). Have your VIN ready and try giving them a call at (574) 825-9679.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just throwing this out there, but is it possible that having the controls set wrong on the Nautilus might cause this? I've been RVing for years, but only have one full season with the Nautilus. There's a lot of knobs on that thing.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wsucougs View Post
    We bought a 2020 Solitude and after our first camping trip in it, took it in for a few warranty items. One being the water pressure in the bathroom sink. It was basically nonexistent. After getting it back from the dealer, we didn't use it again for a few months due to winter and work schedules. We took it out a few weeks ago and discovered that the pressure is a bit better but now it spastically 'spits' like there is air in the lines. We camped in it for 8 days and it never went away. It was random when it would happen. I've thought about calling the dealer however what a POS they are. The work they did was shoddy to and that's putting it nicely. We looked at the piping under the sink and don't see that anything was moved. It only happens in the bathroom sink. Not sure what would cause it to continually spit. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Is it the Hot of Cold faucet. Are you on City water or pump? If hot it is possible all the air did not get purged out of the HW heater. Try opening the TP valve (be very careful if water is hot) and see if any air purges out. If cold or both, there is an inlet screen on the water pump. Clear section should be UP. if down flip it. Also look for cracks, etc. As the pump pulls water from the tank it can suck in air.

Now if your on city water, disconnect the hose from the trailer and run the water - look for air bubbles. Years ago I was at a campground that had an oxygenator on their system for taste and odor, and it put air bubbles in the water.

Please post back on what you find
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The above responses should help.

In my opinion, learning to work on your own rig can save you a LOT of $$$ and dealership aggravation.
    I say this as a prelude to another item you may want to consider:

Grand design uses flex tubing for a lot of their plumbing. The bathroom sink is included in this tubing selection.
    The main tubing is PEX, and PEX fittings are used exclusively.
    There are many on here who have developed water leaks due to this, as the flex tubing ID (Inner diameter) is larger than the pex fitting barbs; they rely on the PEX clamps to secure the hose; this is a poor design, and obviously susceptible to leaks.

A small leak isn't likely to introduce air, given the line is pressurized and little chance of a venturi effect with the low flow; but that's where my mind went initially.

If you have the skills or desire, I highly suggest removing your basement walls (VERY easy to do, just need a screwdriver). Not sure which model you have, however my rig has a HUGE basement storage, I can sit in there comfortably while working behind that wall.

Inspect your water fittings for leaks; this will also give you access to your 12V converter, water heater, furnace, most of the plumbing, etc.
    You'll also likely notice the wall installation location could be moved by several inches, allowing you to reposition and give yourself even more basement room.

I've replaced ALL flex tubing with PEX with one small exception (will replace eventually), the low point drains (fitting is very tight to get to).
    I also added spring loaded latches to my walls for very simple and easy wall removal.

OK, enough rambling! Best of luck. Lot's of great folks on here that will help you as best they can.
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more item, the house filter can become plugged quickly with poor water (assuming you're using the city water connection). I've had mine cause significant water pressure reduction; for whatever reason this has been most noticeable at the bathroom and kitchen sink. I'm not sure why, but it's what I noticed.
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post
    One more item, the house filter can become plugged quickly with poor water (assuming you're using the city water connection). I've had mine cause significant water pressure reduction; for whatever reason this has been most noticeable at the bathroom and kitchen sink. I'm not sure why, but it's what I noticed.
    It's not a pressure issue. All other sinks work fine.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas