User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    We just picked our 2022 2600RB on wednesday and towed it home yesterday.
    The changes that we see are:
    Different (much better) drawer pulls.
    Octopus hangers (much better) instead of the square one next to the entry door
    Different toilet with a better seat and pedal in a better position (easier to do a "curtesy flush") (I think the bowl is porcelin)
    Furion A/C unit with a Furion thermostat in the bedroom
    Thinner particle board bed base
    Thicker mattress (2x) but still feels like granite
    Different outside speakers (haven't tried them)
    Added a latch on the smoked glass panel that hides the stereo
    Different styling and material (including slightly different color) on the standard loveseat (and the back cushions are the same height!!)
    Denser foam for the dinette seats
    Good Year Endurance tires (but still a Westlake spare)
    Different window latches in the slideout (maybe better, maybe not)
    Thinner shade material
    Different electrical connector on the trailer side (still 3 prong just a different plastic part)
    TST TPMS gizmo in the pass thru (I'll never use it)
    The blue tooth compass connect control panel (that doesn't impress me, I dearly miss the blue switch "night light)
    Entry stairs have spring loaded latches to adjust the leg length instead of pins and holes and limited choices
    Stairs also have a handle underneath to facilitate moving them up and down
    Cast iron grid on the stove top (old was welded rods)

Same Jensen stereo/DVD, etc player (we didn't think it was so bad)
    Same TV
    Same Dometic propane/electric fridge

I probably missed a few things.

Our previous 2600 RB was a 2021 model that was built just about 1 year ago.
    These are all things on my 2021 except for the tires

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    We just picked our 2022 2600RB on wednesday and towed it home yesterday.
    The changes that we see are:
    Different (much better) drawer pulls.
    Octopus hangers (much better) instead of the square one next to the entry door
    Different toilet with a better seat and pedal in a better position (easier to do a "curtesy flush") (I think the bowl is porcelin)
    Furion A/C unit with a Furion thermostat in the bedroom
    Thinner particle board bed base
    Thicker mattress (2x) but still feels like granite
    Different outside speakers (haven't tried them)
    Added a latch on the smoked glass panel that hides the stereo
    Different styling and material (including slightly different color) on the standard loveseat (and the back cushions are the same height!!)
    Denser foam for the dinette seats
    Good Year Endurance tires (but still a Westlake spare)
    Different window latches in the slideout (maybe better, maybe not)
    Thinner shade material
    Different electrical connector on the trailer side (still 3 prong just a different plastic part)
    TST TPMS gizmo in the pass thru (I'll never use it)
    The blue tooth compass connect control panel (that doesn't impress me, I dearly miss the blue switch "night light)
    Entry stairs have spring loaded latches to adjust the leg length instead of pins and holes and limited choices
    Stairs also have a handle underneath to facilitate moving them up and down
    Cast iron grid on the stove top (old was welded rods)

Same Jensen stereo/DVD, etc player (we didn't think it was so bad)
    Same TV
    Same Dometic propane/electric fridge

I probably missed a few things.

Our previous 2600 RB was a 2021 model that was built just about 1 year ago.
    Real glad for you that you got your replacement sooner rather then later. By the sounds of things, it looks like you got a few minor upgrades.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up my 2970 RL a few weeks ago. Ordered a 2021 and received a 2022.

Once camping we realize it had a plastic toilet and not porcelain as expected. After a few weeks the "plastic" toilet doesn't seat properly letting black tank gas into the trailer. Have to watch seal and actually push down on seal for proper fit (plastic gloves of course). NOT HAPPY. Had other campers and never had this kind of problem.

Trailer door extremely hard to close and at times have to lift up bottom left hand corner from outside to get the door to open. Refrigerator door won't open unless you apply pressure toward the hinge (kids can't open it). Pinhole in front awning. Thermostat off by 4+ degrees since the sensor is in the air conditioning housing behind the return filter (poor design).

Coach will definitely be going to dealer as soon a season is over for repairs. Have already paid for 3 more weeks of camping and I'm not taking it to the dealer unless I am assured of a 1-2 day repair turn around.

Very unhappy with quality control and toilet switch. Should be an interesting discussion with the dealer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once camping we realize it had a plastic toilet and not porcelain as expected. After a few weeks the "plastic" toilet doesn't seat properly letting black tank gas into the trailer. Have to watch seal and actually push down on seal for proper fit (plastic gloves of course). NOT HAPPY. Had other campers and never had this kind of problem.

Trailer door extremely hard to close and at times have to lift up bottom left hand corner from outside to get the door to open. Refrigerator door won't open unless you apply pressure toward the hinge (kids can't open it). Pinhole in front awning. Thermostat off by 4+ degrees since the sensor is in the air conditioning housing behind the return filter (poor design).

Coach will definitely be going to dealer as soon a season is over for repairs. Have already paid for 3 more weeks of camping and I'm not taking it to the dealer unless I am assured of a 1-2 day repair turn around.

Very unhappy with quality control and toilet switch. Should be an interesting discussion with the dealer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the toilet is actually luck of the draw as to what they have in stock on production day. Mine is porcelain put the seat seems to travel a bit.

I think there is previous posts on the air conditioner thermostat relocation kit Grand Designs will send it to you free (it may be worth having it on hand when you return to the dealer, I doubt they have them on hand). I moved mine from our 2021 2600RB. I agree terrible design flaw, I am actually shocked you are within 4 degrees (that not that bad considering the terrible design I was off over ten). I will need to do the same on our 2970RL I don't have a feel yet for how far off it is yet. Another issue is they do a sub-par job taping the inside of the air exchange so it may be worth just doing it yourself and fix that as well.

The door on my 2600RB was hard to close as well I adjusted the strike with a Dremel tool it's just wrong to have to slam a new door. I got lucky on the new 2970RL the door is closing well.

Sorry to hear of your issues, I am not defending the manufacturer (I still think they are about the best in the market but the market is weak). I simply offer my solutions as a means to avoid going back to the dealer- the travel, inconvenience, and wait are just ridiculous overall. Frankly, I am too impatient to deal with the hassle and lame excuses.

Best wishes on the new rig! I am pulling out in the morning after a week of modifications.

BTW... The pantry is awesome but dark as a dungeon! LED strips and a door switch go a long way!

Happy Camping!

Quote Originally Posted by drose151 View Post

Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drose151 View Post

Our door also did not open properly. But the dealer (Lazy Days, Tampa) had a tech fix it while we were there. He actually had to remove and reinstall the screen door (moving it up about 1/2 inch) and then he adjusted the main door. It works fine now.
    But I agree the quality is not what it was on our 2021 same model. I had to tighten many of the screws around the outside of the trailer, and some took several turns to get the screw heads flush. The fit and finish inside is not as good either.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched a video on the utube last night. Seems like maybe a mid year 2022 change. New graphics and the all black colored 12v fridge with solar now standard. This in addition to the changes we have already seen.

Oh, forgot to mention. A new pull out griddle for those units with outdoor kitchen.
    Last edited by Digger1222; 09-15-2021 at 06:16 AM.
    2020 F250 XLT Premium Iconic Silver 4x4 7.3 3.55 Payload-3268 lbs.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Previous - 2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB
    Previous - 2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up my new Imagine 2800 BH last week. I agree with all you mentioned except my unit has the new 12V Fridge. This is my first post as I owned a Passport prior to my GD purchase.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True that. Those handles suck. Trying to figure out a workaround
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had my GD imagine xls 21bhe yesterday (10/18/2021). it has 12v ref now with solar panel on the roof. not sure of the watts but I guess more than 100 because of the size.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast