User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Imagine changes?

I ordered a 2970RL a couple weeks ago. I looked at a 2021 but today my salesperson told me it will be a 2022 by the time it is built. If in fact she is correct, does anyone know what, if anything, has changed between 2021 and 2022? I can't find anything about '22s so I fifgured I would ask here. Thank you for any and all info!
    2018 F-150 Supercab 3.5, 3.55, Max tow, 1936# payload
    2022 Imagine 2970RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what has changed— the price. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I do know that! Grand Design actually got back to me and said there are no real differences between the two years so that works for me. Well, not the price increase.
    2018 F-150 Supercab 3.5, 3.55, Max tow, 1936# payload
    2022 Imagine 2970RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a post a while back about Grand Design potentially putting the 12v refrigerators across the Imagine line for 2022. I haven't seen anything lately but that would be a cool change to stay competitive.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably will get the new handles that don’t try to kill you [emoji23]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, we just picked up our 2500rl and it still has the gas electric version, been camping a week and it’s working quite well. Couldn’t be happier….

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for kicks I started looking online at dealers with photos of 2022 2600 RBs they had in stock. It seems to be a bit of a mish mash. One of the 2022s didn’t have the blue/white reading lamps above the bed. There were two standard led lights mounted underneath the cabinets above the bed instead. But on another 2022 were the same blue/white reading lamps. One 2022 had a Furrion stereo (Furrion website actually calls it a mono entertainment system) that doesn’t appear to have a DVD player. Another 2022 still had the Jensen with DVD player that appears to be the same as in my 2021. One looked like it had the Furrion A/C unit however the thermostat wasn’t where it was mounted in mine, just beside the dinette. Not sure if they moved it back inside the bedroom? Looks like all the 2022s I’ve seen (which isn’t very many….most sites still have them on order and no pics yet) have the spray port by the entrance. Our 2021 did not. I know someone mentioned awhile ago in another thread their Imagine came with a plastic toilet. I don’t recall which model. I couldn’t really tell in the photos I looked at. Our 2021 was porcelain. Goodyear tires but I think that is what all the new Imagines are coming with now. All the other appliances looked just the same.
    2020 F250 XLT Premium Iconic Silver 4x4 7.3 3.55 Payload-3268 lbs.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Previous - 2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB
    Previous - 2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4x

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digger1222 Good points, I thing there’s a lot of difference between the same models with limited supplies GD installs what ever they have to get the “rig” out to the buyer. Our 2250rl came with white/blue lights above the bed, Furion Ac, Jensen entertainment unit, Goodyear tires and the thermostat is located in the bedroom. Which I much prefer in the bedroom and our commode is plastic and we reached out to GD to see about a change out but the said no.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1 View Post
    Digger1222 Good points, I thing there’s a lot of difference between the same models with limited supplies GD installs what ever they have to get the “rig” out to the buyer. Our 2250rl came with white/blue lights above the bed, Furion Ac, Jensen entertainment unit, Goodyear tires and the thermostat is located in the bedroom. Which I much prefer in the bedroom and our commode is plastic and we reached out to GD to see about a change out but the said no.
    Interesting- I will be taking possession of a 2022 2970 Next week. Upgrading from a 2021 2600RB. I know to date that I do have the Furrion AC(x2), which I am actually happy about. (GD does put what they have in stock on the units). How was the Furrion Stereo? The Jensen sucked; I honestly don't recall if it had a DVD or not; I know it was not wired to the TV from the factory. It also has the Goodyear tires; we previously had the Westlakes. We had Porcelain and hoping for the same.

We really enjoyed the 2600RB but should have opted for a little more room. I guess we are right on course, the second truck, and the second trailer...LOL

Somebody is going to love the upgrades we did.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked our 2022 2600RB on wednesday and towed it home yesterday.
    The changes that we see are:
    Different (much better) drawer pulls.
    Octopus hangers (much better) instead of the square one next to the entry door
    Different toilet with a better seat and pedal in a better position (easier to do a "curtesy flush") (I think the bowl is porcelin)
    Furion A/C unit with a Furion thermostat in the bedroom
    Thinner particle board bed base
    Thicker mattress (2x) but still feels like granite
    Different outside speakers (haven't tried them)
    Added a latch on the smoked glass panel that hides the stereo
    Different styling and material (including slightly different color) on the standard loveseat (and the back cushions are the same height!!)
    Denser foam for the dinette seats
    Good Year Endurance tires (but still a Westlake spare)
    Different window latches in the slideout (maybe better, maybe not)
    Thinner shade material
    Different electrical connector on the trailer side (still 3 prong just a different plastic part)
    TST TPMS gizmo in the pass thru (I'll never use it)
    The blue tooth compass connect control panel (that doesn't impress me, I dearly miss the blue switch "night light)
    Entry stairs have spring loaded latches to adjust the leg length instead of pins and holes and limited choices
    Stairs also have a handle underneath to facilitate moving them up and down
    Cast iron grid on the stove top (old was welded rods)

Same Jensen stereo/DVD, etc player (we didn't think it was so bad)
    Same TV
    Same Dometic propane/electric fridge

I probably missed a few things.

Our previous 2600 RB was a 2021 model that was built just about 1 year ago.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast