User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

defective tire lug nuts on my 2020 Solitude 310-gk

Hi all,

My lug nuts have metal chrome shields or sheaves around the outside of them. Perhaps 5 or 6 of the 32 have loose shielding/sheaves which makes
    it hard to get a socket on them and also hard to remove the lug nut out of the socket when removing the lug nut. Has anyone else
    had this problem?

I want to replace all 32 of the lug nuts with solid steel or chrome ones. Does anyone know how to describe the shape and size of
    these lug nuts so I can order some solid ones perhaps on Amazon or from an auto parts store.
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    Ram Tradesman Dually 3500
    San Diego, CA

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerZ View Post
    Hi all,

My lug nuts have metal chrome shields or sheaves around the outside of them. Perhaps 5 or 6 of the 32 have loose shielding/sheaves which makes
    it hard to get a socket on them and also hard to remove the lug nut out of the socket when removing the lug nut. Has anyone else
    had this problem?

I want to replace all 32 of the lug nuts with solid steel or chrome ones. Does anyone know how to describe the shape and size of
    these lug nuts so I can order some solid ones perhaps on Amazon or from an auto parts store.
    Other than the right size, the other important element is the 'seat type'. This describes the shape of the nut where it seats into the rim. Google 'lug nut seat' and there are pictures of the different types of seats.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't take the nut all the way off the stud and they come off easy.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol. Clad lugnuts are common everywhere. Replace as you say. They're 60 degree conical seat, closed end acorn lugnuts. Should also be 1/2"-20.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania