User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's on my Solitude roof?

Aside from the usual stuff, I have two things that I have questions about...

First....the Jaboni solar connection box. Is this pre wired and hooked up to the converter and battery systems? If not...where are the wires to be found? I've looked in the battery and converter areas to no avail. I do have a string coming into my pass through storage compartment that seems to go to the roof?

Second...there is a flat plate just behind the front ac unit. It is caulked over but I am thinking that this is likely satellite prep?

I have to say that this is the cleanest, best caulked roof system that I have seen on any of the trailers that we have owned.

I also have to say that I don't expect the skylight or bathroom fan vent cover to last long. They seem pretty cheap. I sure hope the skylight is a standard size ☺️
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solar panels don't connect to the converter - they connect to a solar charge controller (not installed unless you got factory solar) and then the batteries. In most cases, the wires are found coiled up in the basement. Someone posted a photo of them a while back. You might try the search function and see if you can find it.

The metal plate should be access to a cable race. It can be used to upgrade the solar wiring or for cables for a Winegard Trav'ler satellite antenna.

Glad you got a well-sealed roof... not everyone is that lucky!

Rob

Edit/PS: we'll be staying at Bethany Beach at the National Guard Training Site from 21 - 28 July if you'd be interested in getting together.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Solar panels don't connect to the converter - they connect to a solar charge controller (not installed unless you got factory solar) and then the batteries. In most cases, the wires are found coiled up in the basement. Someone posted a photo of them a while back. You might try the search function and see if you can find it.

The metal plate should be access to a cable race. It can be used to upgrade the solar wiring or for cables for a Winegard Trav'ler satellite antenna.

Glad you got a well-sealed roof... not everyone is that lucky!

Rob

Edit/PS: we'll be staying at Bethany Beach at the National Guard Training Site from 21 - 28 July if you'd be interested in getting together.
    Hi Rob, and thanks. The NG training center looks to have some pretty nice waterfront sites! We're at Seashore Memorial SP now for a two week shakedown. So far, so good. I'd love to meet up, but we will have left for New England and hopefully Canada a couple weeks before you get here. When we moved here the plan was to spend summer in the northeast and winters in the south. I'm guessing you've been here before?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Hi Rob, and thanks. The NG training center looks to have some pretty nice waterfront sites! We're at Seashore Memorial SP now for a two week shakedown. So far, so good. I'd love to meet up, but we will have left for New England and hopefully Canada a couple weeks before you get here. When we moved here the plan was to spend summer in the northeast and winters in the south. I'm guessing you've been here before?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Yes. I'm retired Army so we stay on military installations as often as possible. We have a boatload of grandkids near Aberdeen (north of Baltimore), so are in the area frequently. We really enjoy the Bethany Beach site. Maybe we'll cross paths somewhere else.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015