Quote Originally Posted by Marshal27 View Post
Hi Pulse,

Make sure this is the WE826 LTE router, you are pressing the reset button and holding it down before/keep holding it down when you plug in the DC power cord to power it up... and plug your network cable from your laptop/computer to the first LAN port on the left if the ports are facing you... the yellow port on the complete opposite side of the device from the DC power port.

If you are following that pattern and still not successful then I would recommend plugging the network cable in each of the other ports to check if the recovery server possibly come up on a different port.

don't forget to set a static ip on the interface of your computer/laptop that you are using to plug into the router.

LCI explicitly went out of their way to prevent users from administering this device, it comes with their "opinionated" version of OpenWrt that was intentionally locked down to prevent any consumer-level administration... it was done, in my opinion intentionally, for the purposes of positioning themselves as an LTE reseller, in an attempt to give the impression that you must buy an LTE plan from them.

M
I have the blue label system and the link above for the firmware is no longer good. How do I confirm the router brand/model?