User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two black tanks with one drain...can someone explain?

So, I'm still getting to know my 310-GK. Today it dawned on me that I have two black tank monitors...which tells me that I have 2 black water tanks...but one drain valve and only one bathroom.

How exactly does this work. I've seen a bunch of posts but no answers to the question.

After a week one is 2/3 full and the other empty. Does one spill into the other? Obviously the one gate valves drains both...but does the tank rinser clean both tanks?

It makes no sense to me.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not have 2 black tanks. It is a generic monitor panel that they also use on models that have 1/2 baths or 2nd full baths.

You have 1- 50 gallon black tank.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    So, I'm still getting to know my 310-GK. Today it dawned on me that I have two black tank monitors...which tells me that I have 2 black water tanks...but one drain valve and only one bathroom.

How exactly does this work. I've seen a bunch of posts but no answers to the question.

After a week one is 2/3 full and the other empty. Does one spill into the other? Obviously the one gate valves drains both...but does the tank rinser clean both tanks?

It makes no sense to me.
    This is model specific (how many waste tanks you have). For a Solitude 310GK, @huntr70 gave you the answer. The second black tank monitor is not hooked up (no tank) and will always read empty. I will add that you also have two grey tanks in addition to the single black tank. One grey is for the bathroom (sink & shower) and the other is for the kitchen. Each has a separate dump handle at the bottom of the wet bay. All three waste tanks empty through a single outlet/hose connection.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023