User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just picked up 2021 Solitude 310GK-R

We picked up our new Solitude 310GK-R this passed Monday.
    It is a really nice well made rig, but a little disappointing with small things compared to our 2020 Reflection 303RLS.

1 In the pass through storage only there is only one motlon sensor light on the passenger side. The 303 three motion sensor lights.
    2 on the 303 both awnings have stops when they roll out. On the 310 both awnings will roll up backwards.
    3 on the 310 there is no low pressure gas port for a BBQ. There is one on the 303.
    4 The 310 has one cup holder on the reclining seats and those stupid tables, what were they thinking?
    5 In the 3010 shower there are no molded in platforms for shampoo or soap. Not so in the 303
    6 The coffee station on the 310 is too low for my Keurig coffee maker, no problem on the 303.

I almost forgot about the brakes, I have them set to max and they don't seem to work very well. I am hoping they just have to wear in. I have about 140 miles on the trailer.

Are there any suggestions on where to put the toilet paper.
    Also on the sliding shower door there is a plastic handle held in place by a rivet on one side the rivet is very loose. I am thinking of drilling out the rivet and using a screw and nut or possibly a pop rivet to do the repair, but I am afraid of breaking the glass. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Malco1; 05-14-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot to list what the Solitude has that the Reflection is lacking! One location for the toilet paper is the back of the lower cabinet door (directly in front of you when you're sitting down).
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    It is a really nice well made rig, but a little disappointing with small things compared to our 2020 Reflection 303RLS.

1 In the pass through storage only there is only one motlon sensor light on the passenger side. The 303 three motion sensor lights.
    2 on the 303 both awnings have stops when they roll out. On the 310 both awnings will roll up backwards.
    3 on the 310 there is no low pressure gas port for a BBQ. There is one on the 303.
    4 The 310 has one cup holder on the reclining seats and those stupid tables, what were they thinking?
    5 In the 3010 shower there are no molded in platforms for shampoo or soap. Not so in the 303
    6 The coffee station on the 310 is too low for my Keurig coffee maker, no problem on the 303.

I almost forgot about the brakes, I have them set to max and they don't seem to work very well. I am hoping they just have to wear in. I have about 140 miles on the trailer.

Also on the sliding shower door there is a plastic handle held in place by a rivet on one side the rivet is very loose. I am thinking of drilling out the rivet and using a screw and nut or possibly a pop rivet to do the repair, but I am afraid of breaking the glass. Any suggestions?
    We just sit the TP on the top shelf behind the door below the sink, it's convenient and out of the way.

You definitely have a problem with your brakes, you should be able to stop both the camper and truck when you squeeze the manual actuator in the truck. Your brakes may need to be adjusted, or they may be contaminated with grease, or they might just be defective.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    We just sit the TP on the top shelf behind the door below the sink, it's convenient and out of the way.

You definitely have a problem with your brakes, you should be able to stop both the camper and truck when you squeeze the manual actuator in the truck. Your brakes may need to be adjusted, or they may be contaminated with grease, or they might just be defective.
    We have no shelves in that cabinet.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put in LED strip lighting all along all the floor supports and switch them on/off manually. One side with one switch and the other side with another. It isn't so much at night that is hard to see in there, it seems to be during the day. The LEDs shed a bunch of light.
    While the tables are kind of "cheesy", they do come in handy. Sometimes I wish the extended all the way across my lap. Maybe that's a future mod to put a hinged section so it can fold out and do that.
    ditto - I figured out that the cabinet above can be relocated higher. It just seems to more work than I care to do right now. We have found that counter top to be handy for a other things and just keep the coffee maker on the sink counter.

We use one of those holders on a portable stand and put the stand in the closet when traveling and stash the paper under the sink.

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll like the 310. Every camper is different. Sometimes it is the little things that makes you buy, sometimes it the big differences.

Get those brakes checked. When you activate the brake controller manually and try to drive off you should definitely feel the trailer drag.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 on the 303 both awnings have stops when they roll out. On the 310 both awnings will roll up backwards.: My Solitude is the same; didn't know they made ones that stopped
    3 on the 310 there is no low pressure gas port for a BBQ. There is one on the 303. My Solitude was the same, but knew to have one added by dealer before delivery
    4 The 310 has one cup holder on the reclining seats and those stupid tables, what were they thinking? Opinions must very, wife and I use these little tables often. Easy enough to remove if you don't like them.
    5 In the 3010 shower there are no molded in platforms for shampoo or soap. Not so in the 303 We added a suction cup mounted soap holder, like that better as it drains excess water.
    6 The coffee station on the 310 is too low for my Keurig coffee maker, no problem on the 303. Our 344 doesn't have this issue; must just be a difference in model, or Keurig maker type. We use the Keurig Mini (No water reservoir)

I almost forgot about the brakes, I have them set to max and they don't seem to work very well. I am hoping they just have to wear in. I have about 140 miles on the trailer. HATED my brakes from the start. Ended up replacing with hydraulic disc. However, your brakes should work a bit and feel it in the truck. Some troubleshooting needed here for sure.

Are there any suggestions on where to put the toilet paper. We picked up a standard TP holder and mounted it to the inside of the sink cabinet door. Works well.
    [/QUOTE] Haven't had to tackle this one yet... fingers crossed.

Bes of luck; I believe there are always gaps between expectations and realities. I had less issues with my older Cougar fifth wheel; BUT, the floorplan and layout is much better in the Solitude. So... I just take the time to fix everything myself, lots of mods, etc.

I've never worked on an easier rig to get to the water heater, furnace, plumbing, electrical etc... Once you remove the panels from the front storage compartment, there is LOTs of room to get in there, poke around and repair things. In fact, I moved the walls by roughly 8 inches, giving MUCH more room in the storage bay, and removed the wall installed at a 45 degree, and made it a right angle, giving even more storage. Added spring clips to hold them in place and makes them very easy to remove when/if needed.

2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shower door handle in my Reflection Trailer is held in place with a set screw. You may want to look and see if it is a set screw and not a rivet.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Solitude was delivered via transporter. It should have 680+ miles on it before you bought it.
    Not sure how often the brakes were used while transporting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Your Solitude was delivered via transporter. It should have 680+ miles on it before you bought it.
    Not sure how often the brakes were used while transporting.
    The breaks work fine now I reduced the pressure from 10 the max, down to an eight, during my trip to NY. I have about 1800 miles on the trailer.
    I thought about disk brakes, but I am a little scared because 1 broken line and you have no brakes. A broken electric wire and you have brakes on the other 3 wheels and an easy repair.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. What they were possibly thinking is people like me who have an earlier model 310GK would LOVE to have those little tables for holding a drink, snacks, etc. I've lost track of how many different inventions I've tried, and how many countless hours I've spent trying to find a solution.

6. Not exactly sure what you mean by "coffee station". I'm not aware of such station but maybe the new models are different. I put my coffee maker next to the fridge, and use the area under the hutch with glass doors for a wine rack.

As far as brakes, that was one of the first mods I handled. Titan disc brakes, SRE4000, heavy duty shackles, X factor, Sailun S637 tires. I wouldn't tow any large 5th wheel very far with the OEM brakes.

Give it a chance, you will love the 310GK!
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast