User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jjanddd

shake down trip done on 2014 355th

just finished a 7 day shake down, over all very happy. coach tows very stable, layout works well, need to get tv in the main area on an arm for easier viewing. just a few items for dealer to fix.

1. Ramp does not seal on the top drivers side, can see gap to outside.
    2. Automatic transfer switch chatters when power applied. It stops after a while, the power monitoring device does not come on until after chatter stops, this happens on generator or shore power. If a heavy load like the A/C is placed on system the chatter will stop quicker.
    3. Garage floor squeaks near entry door.
    4. Puck light over microwave randomly turns off and on, the other puck light on the same switch works normally.
    5. Bedroom air conditioner vibrates the whole front of camper also makes a drone sound it seems louder after in operation for a long period. Sounds like compressor is hard mounted to roof structure. It vibrates and is louder than the generator.
    6. Fridge interior plastic is loose the bonding to the main structure has failed in the freezer compartment. (already submitted)
    7. Garage TV has dead pixels (already submitted)
    8. Light switch for step light might have loose connection shuts off if panel is tapped.
    9. Driver side slide the inboard 5 inches of the forward “ski” detached and Jammed into the seals in the lower front corner causing deformation of seals and destruction of “ski”
    10. Water leak behind utility panel causing water to get under basement floor covering, and to run out from frame to floor under skirting.
    11. Awning led lights have moisture in the led strip 3 leds affected about a foot from the back edge.
    12. Cross brace over forward grey tank has only 1 bolt on the driver side there are 2 bolts on passenger side.
    13. Living room A/C buzzed for 2 minutes stopped after restart of system(only happened once)
    14. Garage entry steps below door on the back side of the opening for step stowage there is exposed wood where the plastic cover doesn’t cover fully.
    15. Kitchen faucet flows very slow, other faucets seem to flow better, might be supply pressure however it was the same at 2 different campgrounds.
    16. Garage entry screen door needs adjustment has gaps where there is no contact with frame
    17. Just an observation the tires are date coded 32nd week of 2012, this is a 2014 model side walls already starting to crack.

scott42blue
    jjanddd
    I have the exact same setup as you. Thanks for the info. I have not camped in mine yet. Still working on honey list, W/D, make up table and other stuff I want. Do you have 3 AC system. I have not used power management system yet, new to me sounds great if it works. I would like to get your thoughts on it.
    I always replace OEM tires first thing when new. You just confirmed my thoughts on that issue.
    Thanks
    Scott

jjanddd
    Scott,
    the power monitor works well when on the generator. I was able to get over 50 amps with the 2 a/c microwave 1 tv and the water heater. Once the water heater kicked on the panel Indictated that it wasn't available and it shut power to the WH. I think that if I had 3 A/C it might not run them all on the gen. We did fine with just our 2 A/C Units 85 outside 68 on the inside. Even the garage was cool. All the action units share the ducts so we offer ly needed the air shower feature after we returned frog day trips and the tstat was set to 72. It wasn't hot at night but I think by setting the MaiN Ac at 68 it might keep the bedroom cool enough that the bedroom Ac won't kick on too much.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jjanddd,
    Have same model and just got back last night after 7 days in it. Main thing I can say which has been beaten to death is upgrade the tires. Have Westlake tires issued with 355 model. From prious experience of other RVs I knew I was going to upgrade but not enough time before the trip. Well, had a blow out 2 hrs from home. In fact, 1 hr before the blowout told my wife as soon as we get back I am getting made in the USA tires..not to say they can't fail, but have had great experiences with USA tires. Has caused damaged to 2 quater panels that will need to be replaced.
    Sam & Nancy Gallagher (Savannah, GA)
    2014 Momentum 355TH Purchased 6/26/14
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500
    Firestone Airbags
    2006 Yamaha Rhino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the dealer throw in the GY G614...

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be G114 not G614!!!!! The G614 is for a 16 inch wheel. The Momentums are 17 1/2 wheels and need the G114
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Island Happy Camper View Post
    Should be G114 not G614!!!!! The G614 is for a 16 inch wheel. The Momentums are 17 1/2 wheels and need the G114
    Not on an 350M. It has 16 inch wheels. And that is what Roadking has.
    2015 F350 CC 4x4 KR High Capacity Tow Package
    2014 Momentum 355TH #770
    2014 Yamaha Adventurer 2+2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Specularius View Post
    Not on an 350M. It has 16 inch wheels. And that is what Roadking has.
    ALSO FYI... the Momentum 385 has gone back to 16" wheels.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    350M 16 " wheels...fact!

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

Splitsworld
    didnt they change it when they went from a double to a triple axle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast