Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryalara View Post
    Thanks, do you have a 2 speed or 3 speed option for the fan on the control panel? How do you like the a/c performance? I'm going to pop the ceiling cover this weekend to see how well it is insulated, make adjustments if needed. Maybe cover the dump vent to quiet it a bit.
    I think they are pretty nice. They seem to be quieter than the Coleman model that I had on my old one from 2016. That could just be the racetrack ductworking though. I honestly didn't know about the two-speed versus three-speed until you mentioned it in your post. I went out and looked today and I can only select two speeds but it looks as though the controller has an LCD spot for a third speed?
    I may also pop the cover off and take a look and see if there are extra wires or switches or anything to enable it.
    Unfortunately my camper was missing all of the manuals when I took delivery. I need to reach out to Grand Design and get the manuals.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On further reserach......Looks like we have the RARWT2B thermostat which is a two speed. The unit seems to have a "brain" which is part number RARMC2A. The 13500 but unit is listed at 3 speeds but the 15k I have does not have speeds listed. Ceiling knob style control models have 3 speeds per the online manual with no auto function, so maybe that is where the confusion is coming from. Could the auto function be the 3rd speed?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took panel off. ARC15AACB is my model. brain is right underneath the filter when you pop it off.
    When I Google that model number it comes up as a three-speed? I'm guessing that my assumption is right in that the third speed is auto. Although the LCD control you can still see the ghost image of where the third speed would be but the controller is clearly listed as a two-speed. 🤷

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GE comments: Our first GE refrigerator was given to someone at church after almost 20 years, and we've had the last one for 20+ years now. One new ice-maker on the first one and a compressor "hard-start" kit after a lightning strike on the second. I don't believe anything GE makes that makes cold air is necessarily a bad thing...
    Last edited by fez111; 05-31-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    GE comments: Our first GE refrigerator was given to someone at church after almost 20 years, and we've had the last one for 20+ years now. One new ice-maker on the first one and a compressor "hard-start" kit after a lightning strike on the second. I don't believe anything GE makes that makes cold air is necessarily a bad thing...
    The Chinese manufacturer Haier acquired the appliance division of General Electric in 2016. GE used to manufacture the refrigerators themselves... I'm not sure who does, now.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateredneck View Post
    My 2021 312BHTS came with two GE a/c units. I took delivery in March
    Ditto here, 312BHTS, March 2021 delivery, 2 GE units.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The Chinese manufacturer Haier acquired the appliance division of General Electric in 2016. GE used to manufacture the refrigerators themselves... I'm not sure who does, now.

Rob
    Well that just figures.... I hope I don't need a new fridge anytime soon....
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All, we have a 2021 22MLE with the GE unit. Took delivery in April 21. I thought it was loud, my buddy thought it was quieter than his Dometic. It is interesting that it has a heat pump mode.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim & Linda View Post
    Hi All, we have a 2021 22MLE with the GE unit. Took delivery in April 21. I thought it was loud, my buddy thought it was quieter than his Dometic. It is interesting that it has a heat pump mode.
    That is interesting do you have a dry mode also?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not that I am aware of, but it does also function as a heat pump down to 32 degrees
    Jim & Linda
    2021 22MLE
    2020 F150 CrewCab 4X4 3.5l

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast