Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21 BHE With General Electric A/C unit instead of Coleman Mach 8 Low Profile?

Is there anyone who recently bought a unit (or specifically 21BHE) with a GE a/c on it instead of the Coleman Mach 8 Low Profile (as advertised from GD)?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an industry wide shortage of everything because of all the new campers buying. Specific brands and models are not guaranteed, and there is fine print pertaining to this effect. The good thing is that is should be of equal quality and will be covered by warranty. Honestly, you're the first Grand Designer I've heard with a GE unit!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you geotex1. I would love to hear from others that have a different a/c unit than the Mach 8 who purchased within the last 6 months.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryalara View Post
    Thank you geotex1. I would love to hear from others that have a different a/c unit than the Mach 8 who purchased within the last 6 months.
    I'm sure you will. When I was at the factory in November, they were leaving with Brisk-Airs and then Furrions.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another factoid, the control panel on the wall (which has the GE logo on it) allows a low and high fan speed, but the GE manual for this a/c unit (model ARC15AACBL2) says the unit has a 3 speed fan (low, medium, high). I can move this thread over to the A/C technical area if you think that would be more productive?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, nobody out there has taken delivery on a unit with a GE ac on it recently? This unit was produced at the end of April. Anyone even hear of anyone with a GE ac put on by GD recently? Hmm....I appreciate any and all comments! I also posted a thread in the AC section, more details.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I moved it over the the heating and AC forum. Might get a bit more activity there.

This whole AC availability thing is interesting. No availability of some models but new companies keep coming out with air conditioners (Furion, now GE?). Maybe it isn't a shortage at all. Maybe it's a case of too companies vying for the same parts.

And, according to the diagram, it does have a 3 speed fan. I think I'd be asking GD for a different thermostat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 12.21.20 AM.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	239.5 KB 
ID:	34222
    Last edited by traveldawg; 05-19-2021 at 10:22 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post

This whole AC availability thing is interesting. No availability of some models but new companies keep coming out with air conditioners (Furion, now GE?). Maybe it isn't a shortage at all. Maybe it's a case of too companies vying for the same parts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 12.21.20 AM.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	239.5 KB 
ID:	34222
    GE coming into RVs kicked off before the COVID-19 surge. Direct run with Insignia. GE will soon have an entire suite of RV appliances. They are actually behind schedule because of COVID-19 and their overseas production. I do not think Insignia is doing an air conditioner, but there are prototype washers and dryers being tested. The landscape is changing, ND hopefully good for us owners if there is formidable competition with modern choices...

To the OP, we camped last weekend and saw 3 new Imagines with the GE and twice as many Keystones with them. So they're out there. I would suggest maybe calling MWSS and see what they can tell you about the unit and thermostat pairing - direct source versus trying to find the right person here or at GD.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2021 312BHTS came with two GE a/c units. I took delivery in March

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateredneck View Post
    My 2021 312BHTS came with two GE a/c units. I took delivery in March
    Thanks, do you have a 2 speed or 3 speed option for the fan on the control panel? How do you like the a/c performance? I'm going to pop the ceiling cover this weekend to see how well it is insulated, make adjustments if needed. Maybe cover the dump vent to quiet it a bit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast