User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 337rls question

Officially took delivery of our new 2021 337RLS today. Will be delivered to us in a week as I'm switching trucks right now.

Interesting thing I noticed that I'm curious if anyone has feedback on.

I had the basement door open, and has turned off the ACs. I turned on the max air fan in the kitchen on high, and when I was standing in the kitchen I felt air rushing through from the floor to be sucked out the ceiling.

I noticed that there is a big opening on top of the basement wall, and then it's also opening under the "bar" cabinets in the kitchen.

When I close the basement door the air stops flowing as much, but it still does a bit. Even with the basement door closed, the access for the hoses and cords would still be open.

Seems this is a pretty big opening to the outside that bugs could get in and of course cold or hot air could get out? I'd also like to leave the basement door open when I want, but that would leave a much bigger opening for air flow and bugs.

Is this normal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210515_121039.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	34136

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you pull out the drawer from the bar area you can see all the "guts" under the head and bedroom. Wondering if that is supposed to be sealed and it was missed?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the cold air return for the furnace - do not block it off.

I'm going to delete your double-posted thread that has no answers on it. Please post each topic only once.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    That is the cold air return for the furnace - do not block it off.

I'm going to delete your double-posted thread that has no answers on it. Please post each topic only once.

Rob
    Thanks.

What stops bugs and critters from coming right through the access points from the basement and up into the camper then? A full squirrel could fit through these openings. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210515_143950.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	34138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210515_144051.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	34139

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelisOne View Post
    Thanks.

What stops bugs and critters from coming right through the access points from the basement and up into the camper then? A full squirrel could fit through these openings. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210515_143950.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	34138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210515_144051.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	34139

If anything gets to that point, you already have an issue with your outside perimeter, anyway. You don't want critters in the basement any more than you do inside. Make sure your underbelly is well-sealed all the way around and that you've sprayed around the entrance for the water hose, etc. We're going on six years full-time (the first 4-1/2 in a Reflection 337) and have never had a problem with it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If anything gets to that point, you already have an issue with your outside perimeter, anyway. You don't want critters in the basement any more than you do inside. Make sure your underbelly is well-sealed all the way around and that you've sprayed around the entrance for the water hose, etc. We're going on six years full-time (the first 4-1/2 in a Reflection 337) and have never had a problem with it.

Rob
    Thank you!

I'll make sure I spray around the hose access points. That's what I was most worried about as I don't expect to leave the basement doors open in the evening.

Might look for something to plug those access points of I'm not using them.

Thanks again!