User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    Just installed mine on a Dometic Brisk 2 as well. I'm very disappointed. Fit is poor, open areas on both sides next to vent openings and the opening that is supposed ti fit in the blower opening was 3/4" off. Those poor fits only gave me a so-so improved air flow. Not doing my other one... DIY will be better for me.
    Sounds like the unit you received is not the correct one for your A/C unit. If you don't use the side vents that come with the unit then there will be a 3/4" gap on each side; you must use the vents that came in the kit for a proper fit.

Call RV Airflow and ask them about what you've experienced. My understanding is their customer service is outstanding - I'm sure they'll help you out.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers View Post
    Sounds like the unit you received is not the correct one for your A/C unit. If you don't use the side vents that come with the unit then there will be a 3/4" gap on each side; you must use the vents that came in the kit for a proper fit.

Call RV Airflow and ask them about what you've experienced. My understanding is their customer service is outstanding - I'm sure they'll help you out.

Bob
    They only make two versions and the Brisk air one was just released. So no chance I got the wrong one... Here are some pics showing the poor fit. And yes I tried adjusting the unit on the roof but only had about about 1/4" play before the 4 main bolts were unreachable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download_20210528_211143.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	34471

Name:	download_20210528_211157.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	34474

Name:	download_20210528_211207.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	34477

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed mine on a Dometic Brisk 2 as well. I'm very disappointed. Fit is poor, open areas on both sides next to vent openings and the opening that is supposed ti fit in the blower opening was 3/4" off. Those poor fits only gave me a so-so improved air flow. Not doing my other one... DIY will be better for me.
    Interesting. I wonder what was different on your RV? You might put a call into Air Flow, I suspect they could offer a solution or a refund.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to ask... Did you order the one for the Dometic unit? They make different ones for the different manufacturers.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I have to ask... Did you order the one for the Dometic unit? They make different ones for the different manufacturers.

Yes. They only make two. The Coleman AC set up is better suited for engineering their product. The Dometic has some more challenging design restraints. That is of course just my opinion...

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. They only make two. The Coleman AC set up is better suited for engineering their product. The Dometic has some more challenging design restraints. That is of course just my opinion...
    Ah, okay. I'm glad I have the Coleman Mach AC units then...

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure your not the first to experience this, remember reading the same thing before. Its to bad cause it appears to be a great idea.
    Last edited by Mrhavasu; 05-29-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed mine today in my 2018 337RLS and already what a difference! Sitting in the Florida sun today and can't believe how much air flow is pushed. Just left the east coast where my air ran for 13 hours a day non stop and would not get below 79. Today I was able to cycle the air and keep the rig a comfortable 74. It took all of 20 minutes to install. Super product in my book with easy installation.
    Deb & Ken (traveling with Princess Hallie. One spoiled Yorkie!)
    Lebanon, TN.

2016 Ford F350 SRW 6.7L
    2018 Reflection 337 RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds very interesting 🤔
    Please post a picture or where to purchase?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Airflow in my 2950RL

Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Trish View Post
    This sounds very interesting 🤔
    Please post a picture or where to purchase?
    I just installed mine and the fit was not great so I compensated wit foil tape. I think the center decider plate is supposed to come out? I did hear something blowing after I installed an found GD cut the plug out of one of my vents and left the plug in the duct flapping away on some foil tape! The air was blowing so hard you couldn’t hear it before the Airflow system install! Had been there 5 years!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast