User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoo View Post
    Am I correct that the RV AIRFLOW comes standard on the 2021 Solitude?
    One unit comes standard, in the main living area. Some people prefer to leave one out of the bedroom, as the RV AirFlow eliminates the Dump feature of the Coleman-Mach. We have them in both units and often can keep the whole rig comfortable by using the one AC in the area we are not currently occupying. That makes the noise even less of an issue.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice product. Forgot I had seen these advertised. But didn’t register. My 2021 Solitude did not have these installed. My installs were executed well and adequate taping and sealing was done to minimize loss of airflow through duct connections, etc. but the turbulence and noise created by flow through registers still made the units pretty noisy overall. Not as bad as my Dometic units on previous fifth wheel, but I was still looking to reduce noise if I could.

I followed a design seen on a popular YouTube video using foam board and made these for all three of my Coleman Mach units. Materials cost less than $20. Made and installed 3 in about 2.5 hours. What a difference!

SO much quieter and man, is output a LOT better. Whether you buy the RV Airflow product or make your own - just DO IT!
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    Nice product. Forgot I had seen these advertised. But didn’t register. My 2021 Solitude did not have these installed. My installs were executed well and adequate taping and sealing was done to minimize loss of airflow through duct connections, etc. but the turbulence and noise created by flow through registers still made the units pretty noisy overall. Not as bad as my Dometic units on previous fifth wheel, but I was still looking to reduce noise if I could.

I followed a design seen on a popular YouTube video using foam board and made these for all three of my Coleman Mach units. Materials cost less than $20. Made and installed 3 in about 2.5 hours. What a difference!

SO much quieter and man, is output a LOT better. Whether you buy the RV Airflow product or make your own - just DO IT!
    Do you happen to have a link to that YouTube video? Thanks.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Do you happen to have a link to that YouTube video? Thanks.
    Here you go...

https://youtu.be/3Vhv_b-1zAk
    2021 Winnebago 2932 5th wheel
    2020 F350 w/7.3 Godzilla
    2018 Reflection 220RK - sold 11/20
    2018 Titan XD 4x4 SL - sold 11/20

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    Thanks... I watched it and also watched a few videos of the RV AIRFLOW model being installed. By using the homemade method it looks like you don't get any improvement on the return air side. I guess you could play around with that portion of if also and increase efficiency.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123