User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comfort Ride Slipper Springs

I replaced my MORryde CRE3000 and associated shackles/leaf springs with a Comfort Ride Slipper Spring system. I had hoped for a noticeable difference in the towing and ride in our truck and I am pleased to say it is a bigger improvement than I could have hoped for!

I was pretty happy with the CRE3000 performance under most circumstance but it struggled at bridge joints and some roads with a continual series of bumps that would induce a bucking motion in the truck. With the Slipper Spring system, almost all the bridge joints were barely noticeable and even the worst of them was a gentle bump. It also eliminated any of the bucking motion I had seen, especially over concrete roadways. I had already installed the Roadmaster shocks, so all the improvement is due to the Slipper Spring upgrade.

The installation was pretty straightforward and took me about 10 hours for the three axle system. The directions are excellent and provide clear step-by-step instructions for the entire process. The system design also significantly increases the strength of the equalizer mounts and gets rid of all the shackles from the stock suspension. This is, by far, the best upgrade I have made for my RV suspension.

P.S. I had considered going with the MORryde IS versus the Roadmaster Slipper Springs, but was quickly discouraged when I found out how long the waiting list is now for an upgrade. They are scheduling appointments out in February, March, or June of 2022! I could have handled the significant price difference ($6,649 vs $1,526) and driving to Indiana for the IS, but I didn't want to wait a year to have an upgrade.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob,
    Did you have to widen or replace the spring hangers before installing the slipper springs? I have the Roadmaster slipper springs, but can not install them on my Reflection 337 due to insufficient width of the spring hangers. It seems the only way the springs can be installed on my unit is to replace the hangers. Thanks in advance for any info.
    Rich
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rich,
    I was able to use all of the existing hangars without any modifications. The end hangars accepted the fixed ends of the slipper springs without any fit issues. The two center hangars that go inside the slipper spring assembly needed to be slightly straightened to accept the spacer. I made a tiny tweak with a wrench to straighten the bracket and then everything fit.

Bob

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bob for info. Wish the hangers on my unit were wide enough to accept the slippers springs without mod. Two of the better improvements I've made for stability while pulling are the Roadmaster shocks and putting a dually in front of the Reflection !
    Rich
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rich,
    Have you asked Roadmaster about this? I would think they have run into this before. I hope they can offer some help because the slipper springs are worth the effort!

Bob

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    Rich,
    Have you asked Roadmaster about this? I would think they have run into this before. I hope they can offer some help because the slipper springs are worth the effort!

Bob
    Yes, I have spoken to Roadmaster folks and their opinion was like mine - wider hangers are desired! Mine are 1 13/16" inside and bending them to accommodate the 2" wide spring will force them "out of square" which is not highly desired. Some folks fortunately have hangers with larger inside measurements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an older post, but what is the width of the springs used. 1 3/4" or 2" wide that is used in the comfort ride kit?

'

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the Roadmaster kit on my Reflection 303RLS and had no problems with the springs supplied. The spring width was 1 3/4 inches. I installed the kit and 7K axels and it has been the best improvement for this trailer.
    2020 303RLS
    2018 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    BW Companion
    Retired and loving it.