User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    I was wondering if that was the case. My wife and I enjoy walks through all the campgrounds we stay at. We also do take notice of other GD units. I do remember a 2600RB being there. Maybe that was you. Sorry again about this experience and I hope to see you and your family back on the road soon. Best wishes, Frank.
    No wasn't us we got stopped about 1 1/2 miles from the campground.

If I'd known earlier I would have asked you to check and see if our trailer was still stuck at the towing company's yard which is about 2 miles away. Star Garage on Industrial Park road.
    But supposedly it's gone now.
    Of course it was supposed to be gone on monday also.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trailer made it to the auction yard and they posted up pictures. You can find them here: https://www.copart.com/lot/43681621/...se-ga-savannah

We still don't know the fate. However one independent repair place I sent pictures to said the damage was too extensive.
    Lazy Days Tampa can do the repairs if it goes that way. I talked with them today face to face and they said it's a 2 step process for them. If they got it for repair they first have to break it down partially to learn the true extent. So at that point it could still get totaled. So there's more of a delay.
    I would imagine (no pun intended) the GD facility would have to do the same.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's at Copart already and on their website, the insurance company may have made their decision already.... that's where State Farm had ours hauled off (different state) but we turned it over after getting the settlement letter. Maybe because yours needed to be moved by wrecker it's different.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Hog View Post
    If it's at Copart already and on their website, the insurance company may have made their decision already.... that's where State Farm had ours hauled off (different state) but we turned it over after getting the settlement letter. Maybe because yours needed to be moved by wrecker it's different.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Yes I agree. The trailer is obviously been deemed a total loss
    It is being put up for salvage sale so the is better have a cheque
    Poor insurance if they haven’t been in touch

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Hate seeing posts like this..glad no one was hurt ( not physically anyhow)

Contact GD ASAP, they now have an insurance repair center within the factory grounds. They'll likely want detailed pictures. If the frame is bent I would suggest you push for it to be totaled
    This is great, for not know this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    Thursday afternoon our trailer got whacked. T-boned, bent the rear axle and crumpled up the door and the bathroom on our 2600 RB.
    We're fine and the truck is fine.
    This happened in southern SC (Hardeville). We unloaded everything out of the camper and hauled it all back to Central Florida in a uhaul trailer.
    Monday the insurance company will flatbed it from the tow company's yard to their own facility near Savanna and an adjuster will look at it and advise repair or total.
    Any one here have experience with this sort of thing?
    Anyone care to share either good or bad?
    I have never gone thru this in an RV and wondering what to expect other than a hassle.
    ThanksAttachment 34158Attachment 34159
    Glad all are ok. Stuff can be replaced people can’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trailer made it to the auction yard and they posted up pictures. You can find them here: https://www.copart.com/lot/43681621/...se-ga-savannah

We still don't know the fate. However one independent repair place I sent pictures to said the damage was too extensive.
    Lazy Days Tampa can do the repairs if it goes that way. I talked with them today face to face and they said it's a 2 step process for them. If they got it for repair they first have to break it down partially to learn the true extent. So at that point it could still get totaled. So there's more of a delay.
    The only logical reason it would be at a copapt lot with pictures is if the insurance company already deemed it totaled and is going to auction it off. Call your insurance company and ask status.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    The only logical reason it would be at a copapt lot with pictures is if the insurance company already deemed it totaled and is going to auction it off. Call your insurance company and ask status.
    We think so as well, but we were still told it has not yet been determined. 5-10 more working days.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got hit in Florida Nov 2020 in our brand new 2021 Imagine XLS. The I-beam was bent and it needed a new axel, along with other associated issues (underbelly), trim work, and misc. It was not totalled despite the I-beam being bent. It went to a frame and axel place in Florida for those repairs. Then after 3 months that was finally fixed and we had to go back to get her and bring her back to NC for other repairs, which are still not complete. Progressive RV has been excellent so far, but we aren't done yet. The dealer is, like everyone, backed up, way behind, stressed due to the COVID-RV-buying-surge and lack of workers. That is a huge problem. I have been in touch with the GD team with questions. When this started I was able to get in touch with them, but months later it was practically impossible. Heavy hold times, no call backs, finally got a response over email, but of course that is never as thorough as if I had them on the phone. Hoping that it's easier to get them now. I need to call on some other issues. Total hassle, and it's left me very nervous of something like this happening again. Trying to be positive and keep the faith!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of 30 May is when I looked, the link you provided says it's Open For BID... the site says 25th of May. You should be hearing from your insurance company after the holiday if you haven't already.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast