Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Isn't Powering Anything

Good morning. I have a LiFePO4 battery that is fully charged (checked with a voltmeter) but it doesn't seem to be powering anything unless I am hooked to shore power. When not hooked to shore power, the lights and 12-volt fridge do not work. Plug in and everything works. I find this especially odd since the fridge is 12-volt. Isn't the fridge powered by only the battery and not by shore power? I did check the battery disconnect as I've been a victim of that one already this year. Thanks in advance!
    Ross & Sue | Papillion, Nebraska
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2020 F-350 XLT CCSB FX4 7.3L Gas
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battery switch is "ON" ? That switch may be bad? Digital ohm meter to test for voltage on each side of the switch if you can gain access to the terminals on the switch?
    2021 Solitude S Class 3540GK
    F-350 DRW Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
    I did check the battery disconnect as I've been a victim of that one already this year. Thanks in advance!
    Cycle it again. Might not have switched properly. or......If you can remove the handle...it's in the off position.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_in_AZ View Post
    Battery switch is "ON" ? That switch may be bad? Digital ohm meter to test for voltage on each side of the switch if you can gain access to the terminals on the switch?
    Excellent idea. I'll try that tonight. Thanks!
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also have circuit breakers in the front battery compartment. If it is anything like mine, they are all auto resetting except the one for the fridge. A simple test for the battery switch function is to pull the cover over the bus bar up front and locate the battery disconnect circuit. If it is working, you should see voltage on both wires (out to battery disconnect and return from battery disconnect). Take a look at this video - it should be very similar to yours.

https://youtu.be/VoBHzAFX6pk
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomani View Post
    You also have circuit breakers in the front battery compartment. If it is anything like mine, they are all auto resetting except the one for the fridge. A simple test for the battery switch function is to pull the cover over the bus bar up front and locate the battery disconnect circuit. If it is working, you should see voltage on both wires (out to battery disconnect and return from battery disconnect). Take a look at this video - it should be very similar to yours.

https://youtu.be/VoBHzAFX6pk
    Excellent video! I'm going to test that circuit tonight or this weekend. Thank you for the help!
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch