User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Hog View Post
    I'll bet that insurance companies are still depreciating them for claims...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Maybe not. Our 18 month old 2019 Nissan Leaf SL Plus was totaled 5 months ago. With the insurance payout and the Federal tax credit we bought a 2020 Leaf SL Plus and had $2,500 left over.

State Farm was very generous with their payout. We had to claim it on our collision insurance policy even though the other driver was at fault because the other driver was uninsured.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 05-17-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't matter. All you need to do is argue fair market value. If anyone ever accepts the first offer of a total on anything insured, they're leaving money on the table IMO/IME.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just sold our 2018 Rockwood 5th wheel for 4k more that I paid for it. However, I did end up paying a little more than I normally would have for our 2021 337RLS. The dealers aren't having to discount much because the inventory is flying off their lots. As the saying goes....it all comes out in the wash.
    2019 GMC 2500HD Duramax
    2021 GD Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Doesn't matter. All you need to do is argue fair market value. If anyone ever accepts the first offer of a total on anything insured, they're leaving money on the table IMO/IME.
    I got lucky I guess on my totaled car. I accepted the first offer from State Farm because it was $5000 more than KBB retail and at least $5k more than what I was seeing advertised for exact year and model. They electronically deposited a check into my account the following day and I bought a brand new one the following day.

It was an EV. It cost me $5000 plus check from SF and then i got a $7,500 tax credit so the net was $2500 in my pocket fir brand new, one year newer.

A month before that Ford agreed to buy back my 2019 F350. I didn’t accept their first offer and negotiated a better offer. So it depends on who is making the offer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    I thought RVs lost their value over time. I was looking on RV Trader and noticed a lot of dealers were selling 2018 Reflection RLS trailers for close to what I paid for mine in 2018! WTH?
    Never confuse short term market trends with long term trends......................
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my annual vehicle tax bill and the assessed value of my truck actually increased over last year; I’ve never had that happen for any of my vehicles. Sigh! Now I get a higher tax bill!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They bought back your F350?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I got lucky I guess on my totaled car. I accepted the first offer from State Farm because it was $5000 more than KBB retail and at least $5k more than what I was seeing advertised for exact year and model. They electronically deposited a check into my account the following day and I bought a brand new one the following day.

It was an EV. It cost me $5000 plus check from SF and then i got a $7,500 tax credit so the net was $2500 in my pocket fir brand new, one year newer.

A month before that Ford agreed to buy back my 2019 F350. I didn’t accept their first offer and negotiated a better offer. So it depends on who is making the offer.
    May I ask why? I own one, as well. Never heard of that.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rousifier View Post
    May I ask why? I own one, as well. Never heard of that.
    If you are asking why Ford agreed to buy back my 2019 F350 then here is the short story.

I had an intermittent problem where when the START button was pushed the truck would not start and would display multiple faults. It was in the shop 4 times and for over 35 days. Each time I called Ford corporate and opened a case. At the 4th visit, I filed Florida Lemon Law, opened a BBB case and again called Ford to open another case plus I requested a buy back. 3 days later, after they reviewed the records, Ford agreed to buy the truck back using the Florida Lemon Law guidelines. Florida Lemon Law applies after 3 visits for the same issue or more than 30 days out of service, so Ford was going to loose if it went the the State Attorney. I special ordered an identical, but 2020 F350 replacement and purchased it with Fords assistance.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not if you bought replacement cost on your camper. Some companies are offering that when you buy a newer camper. Otherwise you will receive a depreciated price.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait for the next year the market will be flooded with new and used RVS that won’t be the case.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast