User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, all. I'm hoping someone on this thread who owns the Imagine XLS 22MLE can suggest where a person would put a trash can for kitchen garbage? We are close to buying one but trying to iron out all the little daily use things. I tried the search function but haven't come up with an answer. Any ideas of what you do would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marygr View Post
    Hello, all. I'm hoping someone on this thread who owns the Imagine XLS 22MLE can suggest where a person would put a trash can for kitchen garbage? We are close to buying one but trying to iron out all the little daily use things. I tried the search function but haven't come up with an answer. Any ideas of what you do would be very much appreciated! Thanks.
    YMMV but we remove any kitchen waste immediately after meals from the trailer and take it to the parks trash can
    The inside of a trailer gets really hot and humid and not interested in smelling garbage

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put a smaller bathroom size garbage can inside (oval shape) next to the toilet. We also have a recycle bin and garbage bin outside that fit perfectly under the rig to the right when you walk out the door. Just basic rectangle bins found at Home Depot. Animals haven't bothered them yet, but I do try to toss the bag if it has enticing food in it. We have a dog though so he tends to get the left over meat pieces.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marygr View Post
    We use a small can that fits beside the w/h under the sink when not in use or traveling.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for such quick replies on a Sunday morning! Agreed, a trailer is no place for garbage; we has a small bin mounted inside sink cupboard door in our previous trailer & emptied it every day. From what I can see in the 2021 model videos, the under-sink cupboard has the water heater installed across the lower half, with only a shallow upper area available. The bathroom idea is good. Again, thanks very much.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct, a garbage can wouldn't hang on the doors below the sink as is. You could make it happen by removing the water heater cover panel, though it would still need to be a fairly small size trash bin and need some fabrication I'd guess.

The little lidless bin in the bathroom works for us, I can toss coffee grounds, incident papers etc. When I cook inside I use a garbage bowl and generally take that to the outside garbage bin when I'm done.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think bathroom is the route we're going to go. As I said, we take the garbage out every day anyway, and the bathroom is as close to the kitchen as you can get!
    Hoping to soon own an Imagine SLX 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does your truck do pulling in mountains? We have 2013 F-150 Lariat with 3.5L eco boost and looking at buying the XLS 22MLE. Everything I’ve read says it should pull it fine but I haven’t seen anything specific about the mountains so I’m nervous.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the Payload of your Lariat? What gears are your axle? Do you have the AUX transmission cooler up front? What mountains?

Those are the factors I'd look at. My 5.0 w/ 3.73 gears does a good job hauling the 22mle. Some porposing, but haven't gotten weights on everything and I predict it might be light on the tongue. I'm out of Oregon so a touch hilly, but haven't hit long stretches of grades yet.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took delivery a few weeks ago. We spent a couple years looking, discussing, and debating. Once we decided on Grand Design, we narrowed it down to the 17MKE, 200MK, and 22MLE. We intended to go short as possible, but decided that the murphy bed in the 17MKE was an issue only because it could only go down with the slide out, and we wanted access to the bed while stopping overnight. It was a toss up between the 200MK and 22MLE and the only thing that pushed us to the MLE was that for an additional 2', we got the dinette. So far, loving the layout. Great for two people. Plenty of water and storage tank capacities especially considering the length of the trailer. No complaints yet. I would have preferred no slide but those are harder to find with a good layout, and have to say the extra room is pretty amazing! Good luck on your decision!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast