User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGoesele View Post
    My wife and I just purchased a 2022. Great thing is you can access everything with the Slide in if you have to pull over before you reach your destination. Great couples TT. Find storage a challenge on outside of the trailer. Inside a lot of cabinets for storage.
    We are on our 2nd trip, and I take back what I said about the outside storage. Everything we need fits. Don’t understand the fact that each time I fill the Freshwater tank to full, when we reach our destination it reads 1/3 has been used. Any help from experienced 22MLE owners? I’m 5’8”, 250, so I agree the Bathroom is a little tight, but what the heck, we are camping, not at home, right? I have some mobility issues (Back) and find the Theater seats are difficult on my lower Back when not reclined. My wife does street shows and fairs, so we are pretty worn-down in the late evenings from being on our feet all day, so it’s nice to come back to the Trailer, and recline, and relax. We replaced the cheap RV mattress with a therapeutic Queen mattress and it’s comfortable. Dinette is perfect for us. Not too keen that there is no option of turning off the Two ceiling lights above the bed when the Privacy Curtain is drawn. I don’t sleep well as it is. Kitchen has plenty of room for my wife. Plenty of inside storage. There are modifications posted in this forum other owners have done to make your stay more functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our MLE is perfect for us two. Love that you can do everything, everything with the slide in. We will do our first Harvest Host dates this week and that is a big plus. At rest stops you can take a nap if you want or make a sandwich.

Some of our mods;

Took down the bedroom curtain but kept the hooks for clothes drying on laundry day.
    Turned the pantry mirror into a door for pantry access
    Oxygenics shower head is much better.
    New higher bathroom faucet.
    Thick shag area carpets that roll up on travel day.
    Propane quick shut off valves.
    Reflectix for the shower skylight and two fans.
    Replaced both fans, one a MaxxFan and the other I forget. Dual way to suck and blow air.

It’s a great trailer for couples.
    Randy and Kris

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGoesele View Post
    Don’t understand the fact that each time I fill the Freshwater tank to full, when we reach our destination it reads 1/3 has been used. Any help from experienced 22MLE owners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While filling, I use the One Command app on my phone to see what level the water is at. I notice that by the time it registers 2/3 full, it begins draining out of the overflow tubes. So, either the overflow is positioned oddly as to not allow filling the tank 100%, or the sensor is not positioned where it should be registering true 2/3 full. I have not dropped the underbelly yet to look up there and see what's what. I have read other threads where they talk about installing a valve on the overflow so that it can be closed so water cannot be siphoned out as you drive. I just picked up a flow meter so I plan to fill the tank and see how many gallons fits in the tank before overflowing...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased our 2023 22MLE in March and have yet to get it out yet to camp. But have done quite bit on it in preparation. Replaced curtain with a two panel curtain....... a light blocking, energy efficient type. Cut and made sliding doors in the base for the bed for more accessible access to the storage and we have a 10" IKEA mattress. Replaced the bath faucet with one with a little taller spout and has a led light that comes on when the water runs (I still cannot figure out how it works! No batteries, or power connect!) First thing we did was remove that mirror! And made a shelf to put there instead, otherwise completely wasted space IMHO> Curious how the tankless WH will perform, as some have removed and replaced with a std. tank type. Not sure why????
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RLundin View Post
    What is everyone's towing experience with the 22MLE? I was hoping to stay with a 1/2 ton but now I'm leaning towards a 3/4 ton truck to tow this RV. I haven't purchased either the trailer or truck yet.
    We bought our 22mle at the end of 2020. I echo what my other 22MLE owners have said, this is the PERFECT couples trailer. We only wish we had the 12-volt fridge, but otherwise we are VERY happy. Thankfully the newer models have the 12-volt fridge. At the time of purchase, we did not have a tow vehicle. Furthermore, both my wife and I still work and only use the RV from April through November, 1 trip a month typically Thursday-Sunday. We rented from Enterprise truck rental, 3/4 ton trucks only - purpose for towing a Ford or Ram. We rented both gas and diesel. We only recently purchased (from Enterprise) a RAM 2500 diesel a few weeks ago. I know many people use a 1/2 ton truck to pull this trailer, but I can tell you that a 3/4 ton, although more than you would need, would be my highest recommendation, especially if you are in a position at this point in time.
    Mitch and Alisa Frank
    2020 Imagine XLS 22 MLE
    2020 RAM 2500 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had ours for almost two years. We live in El Paso, TX and take a three to five day trip at least once a month. We have had no negative issues with it so far. Everything was put together well.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a XLS 22MLE end of March, and will actually be taking our first (shake down) trip in it this coming week. Have done several mods in preparation. We were attracted to the openess w/the slide out. The fact that it has the lounges PLUS the dinette. The length, 26', is a BIG plus. Our previous rig was 26' also, and it's a big advantage pulling in/out of service stations, etc. But we've so far............

Replaced the curtain with a two-panel, light blocking, energy curtain
    Replaced the bathroom faucet with a little taller spout
    Added a shelf w/ towel rod, and a towel ring in the bath
    Cut opening and made doors for under bed access
    Replaced all of the ceiling lights with led lights, with each individual light has it's own dimmer switch and on/off switch (you can choose what you want on or off)
    Replaced mattress (took the one out of our previous trailer that we traded) purchased from IKEA
    Purchased a Berky water filter system.........

That's it for now....hope everything works!
    2023 xls Imagine 22MLE

2009 Ford F-250 6.8 v10 SuperDuty Lariat Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jas451 View Post
    Replaced curtain with a two panel curtain....... a light blocking, energy efficient type.
    We didn't like that curtain so we took it down. But then we realized those sliding eyelets things were great for holding up hangers when we had shirts or towels to dry so we left the curtain rail in place. Then when we got rid of the MLE for the 23LDE we were able to put the curtain back in place.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    We didn't like that curtain so we took it down. But then we realized those sliding eyelets things were great for holding up hangers when we had shirts or towels to dry so we left the curtain rail in place. Then when we got rid of the MLE for the 23LDE we were able to put the curtain back in place.
    We simply got rid of the curtain and rails. I set up a spring pole in the shower to let wet close drip. We did however setup a black curtain over the door hanging on Commander hooks.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just downsized from a Class A Newmar Bay Star to the Imagine XLS 22 MLE. This is our third RV. Our very first rig was a Class C. I have had the unit for about a month now, and we have had just one long extended weekend camping "shake down" trip so far.

But so far I am very pleased. The quality of the unit is on par with our previous Newmar, which is considered a quality Class A. I do see some very minor build issues that can be easily fixed, or they are just so minor that I am not too concerned about them, at least not right now.

We chose this model for the layout and the Grand Design reputation. After just one weekend, we found the layout works as we hoped it would. I did find the OEM mattress quite poor in quality, and it felt like just a thick towel on plywood. I have already replaced the mattress with a Brooklyn Bedding 8" mattress 60" x 80" foam mattress. It fits well and under the cubby wells that are built into the side walls. I also agree the cubbies are dark and I like the idea of putting a small light in there very much. That is a good project for me before we head out again.

What is truly amazing is the amount of storage the trailer is capable of handling. I don't try to overload our rigs in the first place, but I do like to carry some bigger items on board so we can enjoy our time outdoors. i.e. our Solo Bonfire fire pit. After being extremely cautious and packing the XLS super light on our first trip, I have now found a place for everything that I carried in the Class A, believe it or not. In total, even all that stuff we "gotta have with us" weighs less than 500 pounds. Some day soon I plan to add a 72" MORryde sliding tray into the storage area. That upgrade will extend out on the passenger side of the rig and provide the ultimate access to the items we do bring with us.

I tow our approximate 5200# rig with a 2022 GMC 6 cylinder Canyon with a OEM factory towing package and a CURT Spectrum brake controller. I also tow using a CURT Tru Track weight distribution hitch. The entire rig is well balanced (and I caution other owners to do the towing adjustments yourself like I do) and it tows nicely with no noticeable sway. I had the dealer adjust it in JAX upon delivery, and found the sway bars were about 3" too far forward according to the Tru Track instructions. Start with a ball height of 23.25" to 23.5" off the level ground (depending on how much weight you haul) and check your measurements from there.

It's early in our Grand Design ownership, but initially I am elated at our purchase. I am having just as much fun with this travel trailer as I did with the Class A bus, and at a lot less cost too. I am new to trailering, but from what I have already experienced in the past month with my purchase, I recommend the XLS Imagine 22 MLE wholeheartedly.
    Last edited by nazinteck; 06-14-2023 at 01:51 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast