User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That app seems to be working for me also. Seems very basic but better than nothing and certainly better than crawling through a compartment or inside a cabinet to get its status. Thank you!
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 349m-r
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This drove me crazy for 2 days until I found the app. with the appropriate password.The walk through on my 2021 30g they didn't even mention it.Direct sunlight now with the app have an idea and can see the battery state which is much better than the idiot lights on the control panel. Trial and error seems a bit much in the 21 century but so be it .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the APP password or how do I find it?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
    What is the APP password or how do I find it?
    Password is 135790123
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well so far so good up here app. seems to work pretty well
    Retired Pilot 2021 Grand Design 30 g 2018 Ram 3500,2015 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim S. View Post
    In the App Store, search "solar app". I had a very small pamphlet pointing me to that app. It works.
    Attachment 34929
    We picked up our 378MBS-R a few weeks ago. Swapped out the two SLA batteries for 2 200ah LifePO4s. I was able to download the Solar App and connect remotely via Bluetooth. However, I cannot get the app to retain the battery type setting as Li. I touch the set key, then battery type - Li, then set and get a message that setting was successful. However, when I close the app and open later, the battery type is set as USER. If I use the "read" function (auto battery detection) on the app, the battery type is set as SLD. WHAT GIVES? I don't see anyone listed in the charge controller manual or BT-2 pamphlet to contact to get technical help.

P.S. There are no switches/buttons on the controller itself even though depicted in the manual.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    We picked up our 378MBS-R a few weeks ago. Swapped out the two SLA batteries for 2 200ah LifePO4s. I was able to download the Solar App and connect remotely via Bluetooth. However, I cannot get the app to retain the battery type setting as Li. I touch the set key, then battery type - Li, then set and get a message that setting was successful. However, when I close the app and open later, the battery type is set as USER. If I use the "read" function (auto battery detection) on the app, the battery type is set as SLD. WHAT GIVES? I don't see anyone listed in the charge controller manual or BT-2 pamphlet to contact to get technical help.

P.S. There are no switches/buttons on the controller itself even though depicted in the manual.
    Did you change the charge mode from wet acid to LiPo on the MPPT controller? I am not sure it can be done via the app as I did via the unit itself. I would do it by holding in the program key for 8 seconds. The battery type will flash (red if lead acid). Press the key button again until it turns blue (12v LiPo). Let it time out and then confirm the battery type led stays blue. You should then see the correct battery in the app.
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NDanecker View Post
    Did you change the charge mode from wet acid to LiPo on the MPPT controller? I am not sure it can be done via the app as I did via the unit itself. I would do it by holding in the program key for 8 seconds. The battery type will flash (red if lead acid). Press the key button again until it turns blue (12v LiPo). Let it time out and then confirm the battery type led stays blue. You should then see the correct battery in the app.
    Yep, those are the instructions in the manual, but there are no buttons on the controller. None. I even took it off the wall to examine the back.
    My setup looks identical to the photo in Post #19 of this thread. The manual indicates there are "switches" below the indicator lights. None to be found on the model I have.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 07-07-2021 at 11:40 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Yep, those are the instructions in the manual, but there are no buttons on the controller. None. I even took it off the wall to examine the back.
    If my memory is correct it is a hidden button similar to a reset button commonly found on small computer devices, network hubs, routers, etc. Is your MPPT controller white and red (newer model)?
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast