User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just experienced the non-venting issue from the range vent. I found out that you have to open/unclip the vent from the outside prior to using. Found confirmation in the user manual (page 153 in the PDF version). IMPORTANT NOTE:
    • BEFORE using the Exhaust Fan, the exterior vent’s
    damper locks MUST be in the OPEN position.
    • The damper locks are located outside of the RV,
    in the exterior vent, on each side of the damper.
    • For travel and storage, please return the damper
    to the LOCKED position.

Darrin W
    2021 295RL (150 Series)
    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie; BW Turnover Companion Slider

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinway View Post
    We just experienced the non-venting issue from the range vent. I found out that you have to open/unclip the vent from the outside prior to using. Found confirmation in the user manual (page 153 in the PDF version). IMPORTANT NOTE:
    • BEFORE using the Exhaust Fan, the exterior vent’s
    damper locks MUST be in the OPEN position.
    • The damper locks are located outside of the RV,
    in the exterior vent, on each side of the damper.
    • For travel and storage, please return the damper
    to the LOCKED position.

Darrin W
    2021 295RL (150 Series)
    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie; BW Turnover Companion Slider
    Good information. That's how my previous trailers have been setup including my Imagine 2250RK. However on the 295RL, there is no vent to the outside. The Furrion microwave/vent comes configure to recirculate to the inside. It can be reconfigured to vent externally, but I would need to cut a hole to the outside and install a vent. My original question here was to see if anyone had done this and how complex the process might be. Upon thorough inspection and consideration, I've decided to leave well enough alone. My skill set isn't up to it and I don't like the idea of cutting a hole in the side of my rig. I think it works well enough with the help of the ceiling vent just above it.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've vented my 315RLTS to the outside when I installed the heat shield for the microwave.
    The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finz04 View Post
    Nope. It comes out the top of the microwave and blows right back into the cabin. Like the add-on under cabinet vent hoods for home that do the same thing.
    In our 2016 Solitude the front exhaust vent of the High Pointe Convection oven was pointed directly at the smoke detector. Guess what happened EVERY time the stove was used.....That's right....Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! And its on a 9 foot ceiling so we couldn't reach it without finding a ladder!

I cannot speak specifically for the Furrion, but I found a rear exhaust cutout template for our HP in the "bag". We took the unit down (two screws, four arms) and with a stud-finder I located the aluminum studs in the wall. Amazingly, they were perfectly in the right location according to the cutout template...

I marked the cutout hole very carefully and drilled some very small "test" holes to verify stud location without going through the outside wall. So, did Grand Design actually design the stove area this way or did we jusr really get lucky?? We'll never know. I drilled the four corners and used a cutoff wheel on a die grinder on both sides of the wall to connect the dots. I used a hacksaw blade to cut through the styfofoam insulation. I had a roll of the putty-tape RV'ers use and got some stainless sheet metal screws to mount the $8 flap vent. Now we can feel the air from the vent on the ground. We haven't heard the smoke alarm for some time now and the neighbors know what we are cooking!
    Last edited by fez111; 06-02-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what would happen if a person left the outside flap unlocked while traveling?
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a reflection 320MKS. The microwave vented into the cabin, which is NOT cool for me. We took it too the dealer and they installed the outside vent for us for very little money. Definitely worth it, and absolutely no issues!
    I’d do it if I owned your unit...for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by finz04 View Post
    This is the first rig I've had where the exhaust over the stove doesn't vent to the outside. It looks like my Furrion microwave/exhaust hood might also acomodate venting to the outside. Has anyone tried this mod and is it worth it?

The multispeed roof vent is right above that area so it hasn't been too big a deal so far. But just something I thought of during commercials.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    We had a reflection 320MKS. The microwave vented into the cabin, which is NOT cool for me. We took it too the dealer and they installed the outside vent for us for very little money. Definitely worth it, and absolutely no issues!
    I’d do it if I owned your unit...for sure!
    Really? What year is yours? We have a 2021 320MKS and it is vented to the outside, just under the slide's awning.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 2018, same place.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Really? What year is yours? We have a 2021 320MKS and it is vented to the outside, just under the slide's awning.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did all the time, we never had an issue with ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    I wonder what would happen if a person left the outside flap unlocked while traveling?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    A 2018, same place.
    Thankfully the factory put in the vent as standard on the 2021.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast