User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Microwave and Venting to the outside

This is the first rig I've had where the exhaust over the stove doesn't vent to the outside. It looks like my Furrion microwave/exhaust hood might also acomodate venting to the outside. Has anyone tried this mod and is it worth it?

The multispeed roof vent is right above that area so it hasn't been too big a deal so far. But just something I thought of during commercials.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't it vent through the microwave to the outside by turning an exhaust fan on in the microwave? This would be similar to how residential microwave vents work when over the stove top.

I just bought my rig and this was my assumption but hadn't explicitly checked...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. It comes out the top of the microwave and blows right back into the cabin. Like the add-on under cabinet vent hoods for home that do the same thing.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on the specific model I've heard, but I can tell you our Furrion convection microwave can be configured either way just like a residential. If you search the forum, plenty of folks changed their non direct vent to direct venting. You just need to be brave enough to cut the sidewall and get the parts necessary.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Furrion can also be configured for outside exhaust or recirculation. That's what got me thinking about the value of converting it. I'll do a search and see how others have managed. I hear you about cutting through the wall. That part doesn't appeal to me much. That's whey I was curious if turned out to be a worthwhile mod for anyone. Thanks.
    Mike C.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finz04 View Post
    My Furrion can also be configured for outside exhaust or recirculation. That's what got me thinking about the value of converting it. I'll do a search and see how others have managed. I hear you about cutting through the wall. That part doesn't appeal to me much. That's whey I was curious if turned out to be a worthwhile mod for anyone. Thanks.
    Gotcha. My 337 has the outside vent in the wall. I just assumed that would be a default. Sounds like a good diy project.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelisOne View Post
    Gotcha. My 337 has the outside vent in the wall. I just assumed that would be a default. Sounds like a good diy project.

Yeah, but not without a whole lot of research first.
    Mike C.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 31mb has vent to outside, you have to pull the inside vent flap open from the outside for it to work. Super poor design as it's like 10' up. I've read from others that it's more convenient just to run the ceiling vent fan.
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD SRV 6.6 Gas
    2021 Reflection 31MB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our microwave doesn't vent at all! There is a vent-fan above the stove under the microwave, which is quite effective when I crack the window across the trailer.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finz04 View Post
    fwiw.... I vented mine to the outside. Not sure why it took GD so long to catch on as I see they do it now on my model.

It was definitely worth it.

If you do it I suggest measuring - a lot. I think I had a template in my documentation for my iPoint microwave (iPoint - probably an even cheaper unit than a Furion!).

Once I figured out the location I cut into the luan on the inside just enough to remove that section so I could see the foam in the wall. I wanted to know if there were any aluminum studs or struts. There weren't. So I removed all the foam and drilled small holes in each corder, went outside and completed the cut with a multitool.

I've cut through many an RV wall. Measuring is important and so is checking for framing.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast