User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone hooked up an Outland Firebowl 893 Deluxe Outdoor Portable Firepit to a 337RLS

Thinking about getting the Outland Firebowl and attaching a 20ft replacement hose on it so that I can connect it to the low pressure LP port of the RV that is provided on the 337RLS.
    Not much info I can find on the low pressure port in the GD Owners Manual....

Just curious if anyone has done this and any suggestions on the correct hose, etc. and how you like or dont like the firebowl (firepit)

Thx tons!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Thinking about getting the Outland Firebowl and attaching a 20ft replacement hose on it so that I can connect it to the low pressure LP port of the RV that is provided on the 337RLS.
    Not much info I can find on the low pressure port in the GD Owners Manual....

Just curious if anyone has done this and any suggestions on the correct hose, etc. and how you like or dont like the firebowl (firepit)

Thx tons!
    I haven't connected it yet. I have the hose though.

As for the Firebowl itself, we love it!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have the firebowl, said hose, and also their tabletop 20# LP tank cover. In all honesty, we used the extended hose once, but the firebowl dozens of times! We generally just like our sitting position further out fron our rig - we frequent large campsites. Then when huddled under our awning on a drizzling night, we found the long hose more a tripping hazard (mostly to Cloverfield). However, used the tabletop cover, which was a free toss in when we purchased, has been excellent! Great spot for the mosquito lantern or candle and our BT speaker. Just a perspective to consider.
    Last edited by geotex1; 05-18-2021 at 02:32 PM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Outland Living Firebowl 883 Mega Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit. I connect it to the low pressure propane outlet on my 2021 Reflection 315RLTS using this hose:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The firepit has a 3/8 male flare fitting on it.

Now that I have 3 propane accessories (firepit, grill, propane generator), I'm switching over my hose setup so I don't need 3 hoses which are each screwed onto their accessory. I'm going to put a quick connect fitting on the grill (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) along with a hose that has quick connect fittings on it. (https://www.amazon.com/GASPRO-Pressu...-garden&sr=1-4)

My finding is that an 18 - 20 foot hose is perfect, 12 feet is too short.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you guys just talked us into it. Been thinking about something like this. Just ordered the deluxe (lid+strap) and the tank cover/table from Amazon. At least we can make up some smores! The 20# tank can also serve to connect to our RV for emergencies, like our Freak Texas winter last year when our 30# tanks ran low on propane. While moving the 20# tank can live inside the bag and placed in a milk crate set up in the front of the truck bed strapped down. The tank might be in the sun a little while traveling but the cover will help with that. The firepit at 19" will easily fit in the front storage compartment. If it was square instead of round it would fit better in storage but it's ok.

We don't have a low pressure port on our Solitude, could be added, but the 20# tank will be enough for what we want. ambiance, a little heat and smores. Got to stop reading so much on the forum!!!!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 05-18-2021 at 12:46 PM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Well you guys just talked us into it. Been thinking about something like this. Just ordered the deluxe (lid+strap) and the tank cover/table from Amazon. At least we can make up some smores! The 20# tank can also serve to connect to our RV for emergencies, like our Freak Texas winter last year when our 30# tanks ran low on propane. While moving the 20# tank can live inside the bag and placed in a milk crate set up in the front of the truck bed strapped down. The tank might be in the sun a little while traveling but the cover will help with that. The firepit at 19" will easily fit in the front storage compartment. If it was square instead of round it would fit better in storage but it's ok.

We don't have a low pressure port on our Solitude, could be added, but the 20# tank will be enough for what we want. ambiance, a little heat and smores. Got to stop reading so much on the forum!!!!
    Hey everyone... lots of help that you offered!
    Steven... I know what you mean... gotta quit reading this forum... always turns into an expense... LOL
    I am at a decision point... either rig the firebowl with the new hose so I can use the LP port on the Reflection, or just tag along a BBQ tank and do exactly what you said... put it in the bed of the truck while moving.... decisions decisions....

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am at a decision point... either rig the firebowl with the new hose so I can use the LP port on the Reflection, or just tag along a BBQ tank and do exactly what you said... put it in the bed of the truck while moving.... decisions decisions....
    Go with the hose. You'll be happy not to have to lug around a propane tank. Plus, you'll be cool using your propane port.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

Welcome to the dark side! Lol. The lid is great for keeping leaves and such out at the campsite when not used and keeping your rock contained in transit. However, you're really going to want to zip up case if you want to keep the soot and bits of broken down rock from littering your storage area. Buying it direct from Outland is cheaper than Amazon, or waa when I bought it for ours.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone... lots of help that you offered!
    Steven... I know what you mean... gotta quit reading this forum... always turns into an expense... LOL
    Its kind of what fits your needs best. In our case we wanted to have a backup plan for extra propane, damn Texas freak snow/ice storm taught us a lesson. There were days you could not get propane refills. The firebowl tank is also a backup.
    Then since we don't have an LP port on the rig that decision was taken away, and we can place the firebowl anywhere we want or take it along to some one else's rig. A wood camp fire is always nice where allowed and we could still do that if we wanted. But down here in south /Texas especially, a lot of places don't allow wood fires or don't have pits at the camp sites. Primarily because it gets really dry in droughts and since the wildfires a lot of places don't allow it, but propane firepits are sometimes allowed. Wood born bugs transported in and another reason a camp host told me was they are messy, dirty and have to be cleaned all the time from inconsiderate campers, they just don't want to fool with firepits/rings.

In the end we got one, will think about the storage case, probably better than using a big yard trash bag. Yup this forum is notorious for helping to spend your money.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJimmer View Post
    I have the Outland Living Firebowl 883 Mega Outdoor Propane Gas Fire Pit. I connect it to the low pressure propane outlet on my 2021 Reflection 315RLTS using this hose:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The firepit has a 3/8 male flare fitting on it.

Now that I have 3 propane accessories (firepit, grill, propane generator), I'm switching over my hose setup so I don't need 3 hoses which are each screwed onto their accessory. I'm going to put a quick connect fitting on the grill (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) along with a hose that has quick connect fittings on it. (https://www.amazon.com/GASPRO-Pressu...-garden&sr=1-4)

My finding is that an 18 - 20 foot hose is perfect, 12 feet is too short.

The hose you provided the Amazon link to looks like a "male" connector... for some reason, I thought the LP LP port was a 'male' fitting with a valve on it... (it is in the storage space so I cant look at it...or I would do so...) But it sounds like it is a "female" fitting on the RV.... correct? Anyone have a 337RLS that knows so I wont have to make a trip to the storage lot? Thx folks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast