Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Chevy 2500hd z71 standard bed and pullrite 2900

Hopefully someone could shed some light on this situation for me. We have a 2020 Chevy 2500hd. We installed a pullrite adapter 4452 and attached a 2900 automatic sliding hitch. We are picking up our new fifth wheel over the weekend and I am afraid we won’t have enough clearance. This is our first fifth wheel. We are used to bumper tow. We bought a 2021 grand design 310gk-r. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Lizpadron; 05-18-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the product description "This adapter will raise your hitch and the hitch-point at least 3-4". you should have plenty of bed rail clearance.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your input. The other predicament is what if we sit too high. The hitch and the pin box don’t adjust.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizpadron View Post
    Thank you for your input. The other predicament is what if we sit too high. The hitch and the pin box don’t adjust.
    The pin box probably does have the ability to be adjusted. There are usually three sets of bolt holes on the wings that the pin box mounts to on the trailer. The pin box usually comes bolted in the middle set and can be raised or lowered. The pin boxes are quite heavy, so this needs to be well-planned (I've done it before). You should aim for around 6" of bedrail-to-overhang clearance with the trailer within two inches of level.

Now, on another topic... do you know what the payload rating on your truck is? The 310GK-R will put over 3,000 lbs. on the pin and is likely too much fifth wheel for a 3/4-ton SRW truck. You want to make sure you're not exceeding rear axle or tire limits and stay safe.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The pin box probably does have the ability to be adjusted. There are usually three sets of bolt holes on the wings that the pin box mounts to on the trailer. The pin box usually comes bolted in the middle set and can be raised or lowered. The pin boxes are quite heavy, so this needs to be well-planned (I've done it before). You should aim for around 6" of bedrail-to-overhang clearance with the trailer within two inches of level.

Now, on another topic... do you know what the payload rating on your truck is? The 310GK-R will put over 3,000 lbs. on the pin and is likely too much fifth wheel for a 3/4-ton SRW truck. You want to make sure you're not exceeding rear axle or tire limits and stay safe.

Rob
    Hi Rob,
    Thanks for the info. The payload on my truck is a bit over 3000 pounds. The GD states pin weight of 2350. We have a little less than 10% left because if he hitch we had to purchase. Pullrite doesn’t have the hitch for the 2020/2021 chevy’s out yet which are much lighter than the beast we had to purchase. We have the puck system. Still considering changing out to DEMCO if they have something lighter. Hopefully adjusting the pin is all we need if there isn’t enough clearance. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rob,
    Thanks for the info. The payload on my truck is a bit over 3000 pounds. The GD states pin weight of 2350. We have a little less than 10% left because if he hitch we had to purchase. Pullrite doesn’t have the hitch for the 2020/2021 chevy’s out yet which are much lighter than the beast we had to purchase. We have the puck system. Still considering changing out to DEMCO if they have something lighter. Hopefully adjusting the pin is all we need if there isn’t enough clearance. Thanks again.
    "Stated" or advertised pin weights are meaningless. Those weights are for marketing purposes and don't include batteries, propane, options or cargo. When loaded, the trailer will put about 23% of the GVWR on the pin. There's no way that your loaded pin weight is 2,350 - you need to weight it (loaded) on the CAT scales to find out what it really weighs. Our 2020 310GK-R puts 3,380 lbs. on the pin per the CAT scales. I can send you my weight tickets if you're interested.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And make sure you have the correct capture plate to fit the Solitude's MorRyde pinbox.

It replaces the entire blue plate on the pinbox, so will need some install time....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    "Stated" or advertised pin weights are meaningless. Those weights are for marketing purposes and don't include batteries, propane, options or cargo. When loaded, the trailer will put about 23% of the GVWR on the pin. There's no way that your loaded pin weight is 2,350 - you need to weight it (loaded) on the CAT scales to find out what it really weighs. Our 2020 310GK-R puts 3,380 lbs. on the pin per the CAT scales. I can send you my weight tickets if you're interested.

Rob
    Thanks Rob,
    We are going to get the weight. I have a feeling there is going to be a new truck in our future.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    And make sure you have the correct capture plate to fit the Solitude's MorRyde pinbox.

It replaces the entire blue plate on the pinbox, so will need some install time....
    Thanks. In ordered the capture plate as recommended by pullrite based on the model number. Hopefully it’s the right one.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob,
    We are going to get the weight. I have a feeling there is going to be a new truck in our future.
    You won't be the first. There are many on the forum who aren't shy about admitting they are members of the "Two-Timers Club." The 310GK is the only Solitude that many of us think is suitable for a single rear wheel 1-ton truck (and that depends on how the truck is optioned). Laura and I feel very secure having dual rear wheels.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast