User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intro - #newnotnew

Good morning! I’ve been lurking and learning on this site since 2019 and just realized there’s a welcome mat! Sorry for not introducing ourselves earlier. I absolutely love knowing there’s a place to get help and document what’s being learned.

We started out with a 2019 Imagine 2600RB and loved nearly everything about it. Drove about 6k miles on 20 mostly weekend trips and mostly in Texas. We have a goal to visit every Texas State park - there’s 95 of them! It’ll take a minute.

Did several mods; removed shelves in pantry and replaced with full box rollouts, added drawers to under the bed storage that pull out from the end, added a bed platform extender on a piano hinge (I’m 6’5” and tend to hang off the bed), added WiFi and Cell range boosters and router, swapped out two of the roof vents for Maxair fans (with remotes because DW can’t reach the ceiling), replaced television and added surround sound, raised the vanity door so it would not rip off a toe nail, etc.

2600RB was totaled due to tire tread peal off that ripped up through the floor. Had chunks of tire inside the kitchen base cabinets. But, no worries, we were planning to upgrade this year and Progressive wrote us a check for what we paid for it.

We’ve ordered a Reflection 315RLTS with 2nd A/C and dual-pane windows. Would have loved a 5th wheel instead, but I can’t stand up straight in the “upstairs” area - not enough headroom. We’ve been without a trailer since February and feel like it’s slowly killing us. The 315 is due off the line on 6/1 and we’re looking forward to getting back out on the road! And cleaning out our spare bedroom because it looks like a hoarder lives here. My job now has be driving across a 12 state area nearly every week and we’re looking forward to some longer trips so we can travel together.

Geoffrey & Beth Athey with Gibbs (7yrold Doberman - don’t seem to have issues with critters at our campsites )
    Gabby
    2021 315RLTS Hensley Arrow
    2021 F250 Crew Lariat GVWR 30k lbs
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB (totaled Mar ‘21)

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are "official" Texans (domiciled with the Escapees RV Club in Livingston). My late wife and I went to school in Amarillo in the early '70s and I was stationed and/or worked in the DFW area (CAFB, John Peter Smith, and UTA should sound familiar to you...) for about 13 years in total over the decades plus some more time at FT Sam in San Antonio. All this is to say that you will LOVE having the second AC and dual pane windows in Texas in the summertime. If you do any extended-season camping (late fall/winter/early spring), you'll love the windows all over again in the colder weather. We also find the rig is much quieter with them, too.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted on your adventures and any mods/upgrades you do to your new rig.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We are "official" Texans (domiciled with the Escapees RV Club in Livingston). My late wife and I went to school in Amarillo in the early '70s and I was stationed and/or worked in the DFW area (CAFB, John Peter Smith, and UTA should sound familiar to you...) for about 13 years in total over the decades plus some more time at FT Sam in San Antonio. All this is to say that you will LOVE having the second AC and dual pane windows in Texas in the summertime. If you do any extended-season camping (late fall/winter/early spring), you'll love the windows all over again in the colder weather. We also find the rig is much quieter with them, too.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted on your adventures and any mods/upgrades you do to your new rig.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. I always enjoy your perspective on this Forum. I am retired Army as well and we spent 6 months at Ft Sam back in the mid-90's. My wife of 34 yrs was born in Dallas and as they say, "you can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl". Unsurprisingly, we live in the Dallas area now
    Gabby
    2021 315RLTS Hensley Arrow
    2021 F250 Crew Lariat GVWR 30k lbs
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB (totaled Mar ‘21)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard! Glad you're here.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers