Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017-20 375RES Solitude Owners....Strange water intrusion

During big storms I have water that will puddle at right hand pantry door area...inside and outside...as well as the left hand corner of the steps going to the Bedroom and BR. I believed it to be due to what I think is the Black tank vent. The top of the vent cap is < 2" to the roof deck. The vent opening is < than 3/4" from the roof deck. I would have have installed the pipe 2-3" above the roof deck impacting nothing. Grand Design has been less than useless finding as builts, or for that matter, anything. I tried to remedy the situation but it didn't work so that makes me think it HAS to be something else.

I have had 2 very good RV techs examine the roof for penetrations or abnormalities and they see nothing. This has already caused slight damage to what GD advertises as "wood". I have already had to have every single exterior door/hatch caulked due to installation that doesn't meet manufacturer's specifications, i.e., screwing the screws in at 90° angle instead of the lazy man's 60°+/- angle they used on every install.

I bought new roof coating that I refuse to use yet on until I find the problem. Has anyone experienced this? If so, did you have it corrected and what the heck did you do?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds more like the attic vent, but pictures help. Understand the foiled, air bubble insulation is continuous front to back. So water can enter almost anywhere and travel it till there's an opening. Have you tried mimicking with a sprinkler or pressure washer?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be coming from a different area, have you inspected both living area slide seals? Including there in her side seal
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/