User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mach 8 VS GE 15K (ARC15AACBL2)

We just picked up our new 21BHE. Production date was 4/28/21. It has a GE AC unit on it. We have read that this unit is about 33% less efficient than the Mach 8, but would love comments on that, if true or not? It is also 6 inches higher. Anyone else receive a unit with a GE on it? And what the advantages to having this over the Mach 8 would be? I believe the one difference is that the GE is less noisy, or so I have read. I think this model is a basic one, not from their 2nd gen line (there is no heat pump on this one).
    I read that MWSS distributors met with GE in early 2019 to convince them to start making RV AC and Fridges. Appears parts are made by Haier, then shipped to Louisville and assembled there. So even though GE has been around for a while, I have a feeling these were hastily designed to get something out there. Any comments?
    Also, the manual says it is a three speed fan, but the wall control only has a 2 speed selection on the fan. Is the third speed only utilized when in cool mode and is automatically kicked in by the unit only?
    I see there have been problems with the Furrion's fan running all night, etc. Is this why GD switched to GE? Perhaps they could'nt get Mach 8's, so were installing Furrions, then probs with them, so switched to GE? Any thoughts on that also?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hmm, no answers or comments. Disappointing. We just took delivery of an Imagine 17MKE and it also has the GE 15,000 btu but I have not had a chance to check it out much. I did test it while using our WEN 2250 inverter/generator and it does run, but that wasn't designed to test out the a/c unit.

I suspect we received GE units while some got other brands is solely because the entire rv industry is struggling to get equipment and will put basically anything on any unit to finish production and get it off to dealers.

Hopefully we'll hear more from others.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Hmm, no answers or comments. Disappointing.
    Likely because y'all are pioneers, Paul. It's like when the 12VDC compressor fridges first started appearing and nobody could get questions answered about them - there just aren't many people with experience with those units yet. (I prefer to use "pioneer" rather than "Guinea pig" in this case.)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Second Chance is right. We've seen so many new appliances in the last year due to the pandemic shortages, which BTW might not be a bad thing. For instance, the Coleman AC does not have a dry mode but the Furrion does. Unfortunately, this comes with not as much experience for now. As people discover fixes and workarounds, they will be posted.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022-2023 models will have a full suite of Insignia and GE appliances... Changing times...

It is a matter of whatever appliance is available at the time meeting spec... No different at other brands either. Keystone and Forest River are really hurting for appliances too based on friend there.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Poppy and all for your replies. There are some comments on the GE website and a Q n A. Some are fine, some have had problems. Nothing different from the other brands by my research. Time will tell. The one overnight we did driving back from the dealer after purchase it worked fine, so I am going to stay positive! Somebody has to be the pioneer!
    Off topic, but I will post something in the correct area soon, I put Goodyear Endurance tires on the other day and am selling the new Westlakes. I got to see both side by side up close, big big difference in sidewall strength, weight, and tread design. The Westlakes would be fine for say a landscape trailer (205 75 R14 load rate D, rated for 75 mph). I did a short video and will figure out how to post it soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently took delivery of a 21 BHE. I was disappointed to find out that GD had installed a GE a/c in my trailer. First, it is not a low profile a/c (6 inches higher than the Mach 8, 42% difference). GE had not even delivered one RV a/c until about a year and a half ago. GE may become the premier a/c in the future, but has little or no track record compared to other highly rated RV a/c units. For example: it has a EER (energy efficiency rating) of 6.1 compared to Mach 8's 7.8. That means the Mach 8 is 28% more efficient than than GE. Something is not engineered as well. To a consumer who thought and led to believe they were getting a comparable unit to the Mach 8 are getting an inferior A/C.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTFIRE View Post
    Recently took delivery of a 21 BHE. I was disappointed to find out that GD had installed a GE a/c in my trailer. First, it is not a low profile a/c (6 inches higher than the Mach 8, 42% difference). GE had not even delivered one RV a/c until about a year and a half ago. GE may become the premier a/c in the future, but has little or no track record compared to other highly rated RV a/c units. For example: it has a EER (energy efficiency rating) of 6.1 compared to Mach 8's 7.8. That means the Mach 8 is 28% more efficient than than GE. Something is not engineered as well. To a consumer who thought and led to believe they were getting a comparable unit to the Mach 8 are getting an inferior A/C.
    Better than a hole in the roof I guess

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload