User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto Level Touch Pad

I'm still a little confused on Ground Control. Qualifier is, I'm a 5th Wheel Noobie.

When unhitching and hitching I use the touch pad since it allows me to observe the hitch during operations. When I start to hitch up from a level condition, I have to go to the touch screen to raise the rear jacks so I can raise the front of the trailer to the needed height. After that, I do everything from the touch pad on the front of the trailer, I find it strange that Lippert would leave that function(raise rear jacks) off of a control that does everything else that is required. I'm becoming less intimidated by the touch screen so I am able use it to raise the jacks to hitch up, it's just kind of s PITA to have to use it for just one function.
    Am I missing something that would allow me to raise just the rear jacks from the touch pad?

If you are level and press the up arrow button to raise the front end, do the rear jacks automatically raise and I'm just not noticing it?
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine has a button for hitch height. When I push it the rear come up and resets hitch to where you unhooked. Doesn't always go back to correct height but a least it raises the rear and middle jacks.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I'm still a little confused on Ground Control. Qualifier is, I'm a 5th Wheel Noobie.

When unhitching and hitching I use the touch pad since it allows me to observe the hitch during operations. When I start to hitch up from a level condition, I have to go to the touch screen to raise the rear jacks so I can raise the front of the trailer to the needed height. After that, I do everything from the touch pad on the front of the trailer, I find it strange that Lippert would leave that function(raise rear jacks) off of a control that does everything else that is required. I'm becoming less intimidated by the touch screen so I am able use it to raise the jacks to hitch up, it's just kind of s PITA to have to use it for just one function.
    Am I missing something that would allow me to raise just the rear jacks from the touch pad?

If you are level and press the up arrow button to raise the front end, do the rear jacks automatically raise and I'm just not noticing it?
    This video below is a pretty good overview of the system.

I think the answer you’re after is near the end of the video. Hitting the “Hitch Height” button on your outside keypad will retract the rear jacks and then raise the front jacks to the height they were at prior to the auto level being initiated during setup.

There’s some quirkiness about the front jacks being above level prior to the auto level being started or the hitch height function won’t work as expected. That’s why I’m including the link to the video. It’s got a lot of info. There may be some other nuggets in the video that may make it worth watching.

Good luck.

https://youtu.be/QkSYQyUxH0g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the responses. That clarifies a lot.
    One other question on the One Control. Are the other functions shown, lights, awning, etc., already accessible by the touch screen or, are those add-ons that are purchased and installed as wanted.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that link.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other question on the One Control. Are the other functions shown, lights, awning, etc., already accessible by the touch screen or, are those add-ons that are purchased and installed as wanted.
    Bob,

I haven’t seen any “options” listed anywhere for OneControl. I believe lights, awnings, slides, and leveling (and the TireLinc integration of your unit is equipped or you add it) are the basic functions that come “standard” if your unit is equipped with OneControl.

That said, I have seen other posts where folks have features like tank level monitoring etc. As far as I can gather, those “upgrades” are simply included or not based upon the specific line your purchasing (i.e. Reflection, Solitude, Momentum...) and are not available from Grand Design as an upgrade option.

In short, I gather you could have someone upgrade the OneControl unit to include those functions above and beyond the basics I listed above, but other posts in the forum seem to indicate it is neither easy or inexpensive to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob. The front pad is really what you want to use. Just lower the landing gears when you get somewhere. I lower them 6-8” and then drop the front legs. Then I lift it up off of the hitch and pull the truck off and away. Then press auto level. That’s it. When you are ready to go just press hitch height and it will raise back up. The touch pad isn’t necessary.

Anything that comes with the rv is on there already. You don’t add to the one control. Dimming etc. are not options you could add. I actually added dimmers to all of my lights after the one control because you can’t mess with the panel itself.
    Last edited by ardvark16; 06-03-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your One control is like the one I have these functions are enabled and can be used from your touch screen. There is an App from LCI that pairs with it using Bluetooth you can use all those functions from your smart phone. On my unit the password for the system was on a small sticker inside the cabinet that contains all the interior switches. I hope this is what you asking. If they don't work from the touch pad then it's probably not connected properly.
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    2018 Ram 3500 4:10 w/Aisin tranny

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not like the idea of anybody being able to walk up to the front pad and mess with my level so I unplugged my front pad. I connect through One Control to the app on my phone and do all my leveling functions from my phone.

After you unhitch use the auto level function.

When you go to leave use the hitch height function. It will first raise the back pads then bring the front up to the level it was at when you hit the auto level.

Keep in mind - after you auto level if you manually change the level it will disable the hitch height feature and you'll have to manually change your height to hitch level when you go to leave.

From time to time your auto level will get out of zero. When that happens you can manually reset your level zero point.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.