User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use my 50 amp cord to a 30 amp to a three prong adapter and connect to a 20A GFCI on my garage. We run out the slides and the refrigerator for a day before travel and even run the AC to cool her down before cleaning. Of course, you cannot run everything at once. The AC fan only and a vacuum cleaner is all it can handle, but it will work. I trip the GFCI from time to time, just shut something off and reset.
    2016 29RS
    2008 2500 Chevy Duramax Diesel CC LTZ
    Prev 5er 2010 Outback 321FRL
    1994 Chevy 6.5TD 2500 ext Cab
    25ft Coachman Catalina TT
    Skamper Pop UP
    Various tents
    ALL great memories:D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plugging 50amp Imagine in at home to run slides out and run refrigerator

Quote Originally Posted by lfytsmith View Post
    I use my 50 amp cord to a 30 amp to a three prong adapter and connect to a 20A GFCI on my garage. We run out the slides and the refrigerator for a day before travel and even run the AC to cool her down before cleaning. Of course, you cannot run everything at once. The AC fan only and a vacuum cleaner is all it can handle, but it will work. I trip the GFCI from time to time, just shut something off and reset.
    A few words of advice. Just be aware you can brown out your AC unit with the voltage drops but it still runs. I’ve had 4 trailers and not one could I power an AC off a 20A plug. Voltages were 100-104. First accessory I bought years ago with my first trailer was a voltage monitor. We burned up the first unit on our pop- up. The Tech at the shop (great advice through the years). told me if it drops under 110-109 shut off the AC. Those lower voltages will start and run however it is hard on the compressor and will damage it quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MooManChu; 05-27-2021 at 08:04 AM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    Can you safely use an adaptor for the home current? Just to run out the slides and cool down the refrigerator ??
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    Can you safely use an adaptor for the home current? Just to run out the slides and cool down the refrigerator ??
    As others have stated, I do this all the time while the camper is parked in the driveway before a trip. use a 50A - 15A adapter and standard outdoor extension cord. Also makes sure the battery is fully charged. Not sure about the slide question, as the slides are all driven from 12V DC motors. The slides will work just fine off the 12V battery, as intended, but you can cool the fridge and run the lights and stuff while you prepare for the trip wthout taxing the battery or using propane.
    David Pisano
    2018 Imagine 2950RL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123